Drizzle24!

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle24!

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:51 pm

To give information where there is none, is "more" is it not? =)

Also, technically, that page is linked from the main drizzle page, so...
kaelisebonrai

Postby Karkadann » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Im having a bit of a problem linking into my age, when I type it in after /link it wont work any Idea what Im doing wrong. First thing I thought of is my spelling but thats not it.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Old Wolle » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:26 am

Do you get an error message when you type the command, something like "Age YourAge is not installed on your PC"?
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby TheMagician » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:36 am

I converted the Myst V ages to PotS. I can link to Noloben and the ice age without problems.
However, Laki and Todelmer just quit URU while they're loading. Did anybody experience similar problems or do these ages work fine for you?

EDIT: Problem solved: after I installed the Myst 5 modifications and language changer via UAM the ages load fine.
TheMagician

Postby Karkadann » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:29 am

Not exactly it sez Error usage: /link <age filename> or something like that.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Old Wolle » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Currently I think it's not a Drizzle problem.
Do you have the newest Offline-KI 3.2 installed?
When linking with the /link command is not possible; will your age shown in the Nexus at "Restauration Links" (at the end of the list)? And when yes, can you link from there?
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby Karkadann » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:53 am

Im not surprised But
I do have the KI 3.2, dirzzle 24
and the nexus is the only way I can link to the age im working on. I still can not figure out what Im not doing right.

Edit: the name of the age was 45 degree, and I was never able to link into it directly however other ages I could link into directly. on a hunch I removed the 45 in the files and just typed in degree and it worked.

I guess you can not have a name that starts with numbers for the direct link thing

Fixed, on a hunch?
Karkadann

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:52 am

Was there a space between "45" and "degree"? I think that would be the real problem. If you need a separator in the name of your age you can use an underscore "_"
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:08 am

Yes, the space is the issue. Command parameters are separated by space in the KI, so "/link 45 degree" are two parameters, which is not allowed.
Please rename your age to something not containing any spaces - I am not sure whether any other parts of Uru make any assumptions here, but it should be better to be on the safe side.
Remember to remove all current age files and the age state sav file in your avatar folder (in sav/crypticName/) before exporting with the new name!
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Karkadann » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:52 am

Thank you. it worked nicely
Karkadann

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development