0.1: 1st tag goals

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

0.1: 1st tag goals

Postby Branan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:42 am

With 2D and 3D previews in place, and the beginnings of materials, I'm getting close to where releasing a semi-stable tag makes sense. I wanted to list off my goals for release 0.1, and get some feedback on said list. Without further ado:
  • Basic texture mapping support
  • Import normals and UVs from OBJ files, and use them properly
  • 3D preview uses the correct materials, even if not 100% to how Plasma will render it
  • Objects can be moved and rotated
  • 2D preview can be changed to top, front, and side.
  • No non-functional buttons. Either implement the code or disable the button before tagging (this goes for all future tags, too)
  • No known crashers (this goes for all future tags, too)

Also, version 0.1 does not necessarily mean it's 1/10th the way to a version 1.0 release - It's merely the first release in the 0.x series. Versions such as 0.10 and 0.42 are certainly possible, and indicate the 10th and 42nd releases in the 0.x series.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: 0.1: 1st tag goals

Postby diafero » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:14 am

Is there a scheduled date for this release? Or, in other words, from when on do you want us to report outstanding issues which would, according to this list, block a 0.1 tagging (like crashes or non-functional buttons)?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: 0.1: 1st tag goals

Postby Branan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:44 am

Go ahead and report crashers now. I don't really have a set schedule, but I'll post here when I think I've hit the goals and I'm ready for feedback before the tag.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Plasma Development