Vacation!

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Vacation!

Postby ddb174 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:12 am

I'll be gone on vacation for about the next month or so. (Well, I guess I started vacationing last weekend :P) I can still be reached via email at ddbernardAtSasktelDotNet, in case of *emergency* only! (Or just pleasant conversation :P)

Well, Drizzle24 has gone smoothly it seems, so that should not be a problem. I guess at the current rate of release, there might not even be any new Ages within the month, so I guess there's no need to worry about that. Take the bit of extra time to polish up your Age a bit^^
ddb174

Re: Vacation!

Postby diafero » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:29 pm

Have fun!

If the need arises, I could also add ages to the UAM.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby rustee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:42 pm

There will be at least one tiny age (hopefully), and I wanted to consult you on a number of questions regarding it (well, Drizzle converter, to be specific). On the other hand, I hate to take time off your vacation after this hard (and great) work :) Have fun :)
rustee

Postby ddb174 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Thanks :) You might still be able to get help when you post on the forums, but in any event, I'll be glad to help you get things working once I'm back :)
ddb174

Postby rustee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:49 pm

I stumbled across a major issue with Plasma exporter today... As you export a scene numerous times, the texture file seems only to grow, whatever you do to the scene... After a day of work and a few dozens of exports the texture file of my tiny scene got larger than 150 megs (the city textures are 50 megs in total). Even if I delete everything from the scene it doesn't get smaller but keeps growing with every export. Drizzle goes out of memory with files this large. However, when I deleted the prp files before the export, the newly created ones were of their "real" size or so it seemed. So this could be the solution :?
rustee

Postby ddb174 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:58 pm

Hmm... and sometimes that Texture prp is corrupted, so that it cannot even be read... I suppose the solution for the next Drizzle would be to just delete it after each convert. I think this increases export time, but I guess it is worth it! (I had wanted to avoid changing anything in the 3dsmax export folder, and just read it, but I guess it will have to be done.)
ddb174

Postby Old Wolle » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:14 pm

ddb174 wrote:I'll be gone on vacation for about the next month or so.

Enjoy the time.

I also can upload new or updated ages to the UAM (I hope the owner of the server gives me permission for that :roll: ), I only need the files or a short message from where I can download them.
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby diafero » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:57 am

Since my upstream is rather limited, the best way to publish/update an age should be to tell Old Wolle, he'll put it on the server, I'll try to mess with the UAM database file :D

(I hope the owner of the server gives me permission for that :roll: )
I bet if you ask him nice, he won't say no :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby I.Brattin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:31 pm

So much for doing a minor release in the next few days. Might as well wait and do a full one later.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby diafero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:53 am

Wolle successfully put a new version of Rell-too on UAM yesterday (or was it the day before?). So, no need to delay an age update :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Plasma Development