How to Test my Age [SOLVED - see 1st post]

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: How to Test my Age

Postby TheMagician » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:30 am

Thanks for joining the discussion, diafero.

I agree with you that my problem must be a more fundamental one and not related to something in 3D Max.

I looked up the .age file in Uru's installation folder. It seems to be encrypted (it starts with "whatdoyousee" and then there is only jumbled letters). So Drizzle24 seems to take care of that.

Here is my most recent version of the files (3D Max and Export files...) - perhaps someone can just tell me whether he/she can use these files and access them in-game. Then this clearly shows that it's a problem related to my setup.

-=Click here to download =-
TheMagician

Postby tachzusamm » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:49 am

TheMagician wrote:Here is my most recent version of the files (3D Max and Export files...) - perhaps someone can just tell me whether he/she can use these files and access them in-game. Then this clearly shows that it's a problem related to my setup.

-=Click here to download =-

Hmm... looking at the files in your dat folder, I miss some files which should normally be there, like:
testage.fni
testage.sum
testage_District_BuildIn.prp
and maybe
testage_District_Textures.prp (if you have some)

So, following diafero's advice should help to generate missing files, at least the .sum file.
tachzusamm

Postby TheMagician » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:59 am

I have to clarify things: the files in my ZIP file are what 3D Max generates in its own output directory when I hit "Panda Export"

After using Drizzle24 to join these files into PotS I have (in the PotS/dat folder):
-testage.age (encrypted)
-testage.fni (encrypted)
-testage.sum (encrypted)
-testage_District_mainroom.prp

I don't have any textures so there is no textures.prp. However, I've read that the age should also work without them.

====EDIT: PROBELM SOLVED ===============
The sequence prefix number in the .age file was the troublemaker. Theoretically 5-digit numbers should be possible. However, 55555 was not recognized by the engine. Therefore my age didn't get loaded. After changing the number to 5555 everything works perfectly. Thanks for all your help! I've learned a lot along the way.
==========================================
TheMagician

Previous

Return to Plasma Development