Where is the PageEditor?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Where is the PageEditor?

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Do you have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable installed? I think it is included in the installer but you can check anyway under Control Panel - Programs and features.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby andylegate » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:10 pm

Got it working.

Yah, I have MS Visual C++ 2008 installed, so it wasn't that.

No, the problem was Windows 7

Changed compatability mode and ran as admin (you don't have to give permission all the time like Vista, but Windows 7 does raise an eyebrow when some program from an unknown publisher wants to write into established files, heh.).

So it's good to go. Thanks!
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Ah yes, of course. It is not the program though but the location. I don't know why Microsoft made C:\Program Files the worst place to actually install programs into... :roll: The first thing I always do on a fresh Windows installation is create a D partition for all my programs so that I don't have to deal with those problems.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Zrax » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Ah, yeah, I always turn off UAC, since the new windows permission system ends up breaking some apps beyond even what compatibility mode can fix... However, it's also worth noting that an alternative to needing to run as admin or use compatibility mode (or disabling UAC) would be to take ownership of your Uru files, which can be done in the properties dialog (make sure you also tell it to propagate to children though, so you don't have to go in and change the properties of every single file by hand!).

P.S., DL: If the VS runtime isn't installed, he wouldn't have been able to even start the program... Just FYI ;)
Zrax

Previous

Return to Plasma Development