USHRT_MAX (and other problems)

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Postby Aloys » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:55 pm

Ha. Good that I posted about it then :)

About the regions, this is a known problem. Make sure that your avvie is always in contact with the region. Ie: if move your region slightly above the ground so that your avatar always walks inside the lower face of the region.

[edit]
Also you need to make your region that when your avatar jump he doesn't look 'contact' with the region. Best way to do this it to make the lower part of the region above the ground and the higher part slightly bellow the avatar head level.
Like this:

Aloys

Postby zib_redlektab » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:57 pm

ah ok ill do that.

also i just discovered another ghost object. its a small white cylinder and a small white plane which i cannot find anywhere in the .blend file. last time i had this problem it was just an extra scene, but i cannot find any more scenes or anything on other objects that would hint to a ghost object. any ideas? :huh:
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Aloys » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:06 pm

Hmm no. No idea about that one. Sorry :(

However, this is only slightly related but I had this problem before:
Make sure to never leave an 'empty' object at creation. Let me explain: when you add a new primitive (cube, cylinder etc) you are put in 'edit mode' to change the object's size or rotation. Sometimes if I'm not happy about the object I'll just press 'del'. This is wrong because it's still in edit mode and it'll only remove vertexes/faces etc. And then if you exit edit mode you'll be left with a ghost object that you can't see or select..

Now I guess that kind of dumb issues only happen to me but you never know... <_<
Aloys

Postby zib_redlektab » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:09 pm

if i did do something like that how would i go about fixing it? :huh:

i think i might have :rolleyes:
Lurker extraordinaire!
zib_redlektab

Postby Aloys » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:26 pm

Give a look at the data Browser (shift-F4) and see if there's any object you don't know (something 'cube' 'cylinder' 'sphere' etc). Select it and then delete it.
That's assuming you rename all your objects and they aren't all named cube or cylinder.
Aloys

Postby zib_redlektab » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:37 pm

hmm. well that doesn't help much since i hardly ever rename objects, but there are a bunch of objects which don't appear to select anything but refuse to be deleted...
Lurker extraordinaire!
zib_redlektab

Postby Aloys » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:10 pm

I should be fixing my export issues with Ahra but if I don't post this now I'll forget.

I remembered I once had some kind of problem like this. I finally got around by creating a new file and importing (by Shift F1) all the objects from the previous file except the offending one that couldn't be deleted.
It's a bit of an annoying solution but it worked.
Aloys

Postby zib_redlektab » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:23 pm

hmm. I'll try that in a bit. I think I'm just going to release it with the glitch tho, cuz im tired of waiting :P
Lurker extraordinaire!
zib_redlektab

Previous

Return to Plasma Development