How do I save PRCfiles?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

How do I save PRCfiles?

Postby ametist » Sun May 09, 2010 7:49 am

I'm using PageEditor still and I wanted to make some 'clickoffs' for GUI dialogs, I followed the tutorial in the wiki and that part was easy enough ;), but when I wanted to save the edited files in PageEditor I failed. First time I just hit the save-button as usual and only found out after visiting the age that that hadn't worked. Hitting the button with more authority :evil: only made the program to 'not answer'. So I tried that other button' SavePRC' only to find that I have no clue where to put these saved prc's...

Reading through this thread I found out that this is a known issue, that most of you guys now use PRPshop instead of PageEditor, and that a program called prcc is good for editing prc-files.

Problem is I can't open that one up, actually I can't open up any of those little programs inside the folder, except PageEditor
;).

So : Is it possible to save prc-files with PageEditor? Do I have to use prcc and/or PRPshop instead?

PageEditor has followed me since I began this journey (not so long ago, no ;) ) and I still feel kind of proud to be able to 'use' it :D
ametist

Re: How do I save PRCfiles?

Postby diafero » Sun May 09, 2010 11:24 am

PageEditor had various bugs regarding saving files... and it heavily depends on which version you have whether it is possible at all. To make things worse, PageEditor is depreciated in favour of PrpShop, which however does not yet have prc saving support :(
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nadnerb » Sun May 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Well, see, the reason you can't "open up" prcc and prdc is that they're command line programs. when you double click them, they actually do run, and probably pop up a command line window for a fraction of a second before shutting down because they have no arguments.

To use them, you'd have to open up a command window (run -> cmd) and navigate to the folder they're in, and type their name, and the name of the prp you want to decompile.. etc... alternatively, you could drag and drop a prp file onto prdc, and it would run on that prp file. Of course, I haven't been able to figure out where that puts the output files.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun May 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Instead to using the command prompt to navigate to the directory, in the folder itself do a Shift + Right Click -> Open command window here
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby ametist » Sun May 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks guys, now I can at least open them up and I definetly understand why the wiki regarding GUI dialogs says 'The following assumes that you are already familiar with libPlasma and editing page (prp) files.' :D
So I'll leave the GUI dialogs to be closed by 'Esc' for a while longer :)
ametist

Return to Plasma Development