Drizzle25!

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Drizzle25!

Postby ddb174 » Wed May 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Drizzle25 has just been released, and here's what's new!

You can download it here: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/drizzle/Drizzle25.jar

(The official page with installation instructions, walkthroughs and screenshots for the Ages, and a more detailed description is here: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle)

(You can use Moulagain files instead of Moul files if you wish! And you can buy MagiquestOnline at http://www.magiquest.com/mqonline/)

New features:
-Magiquest support!
--Converts all Ages from MagiquestOnline! (Known to work with the current release, 1.1407.)
-Improved 3dsmax support for Age Writers:
--Converts Moul subworlds, so they should work now! (It's still possible for subworlds to crash Uru if they are not done correctly, so test changes to them often!)
--Has an automatic workaround for Cyan's texture bug. (It deletes the texture file each time, forcing Plasma to remake it. )
--Option to launch Uru after 3dsmax conversion.
-Ability to self-update (hopefully^^), so that Drizzle26 will be in UAM.
-Opens the door when your pets want in or out.

Advanced features:
-DrizzleDecompile was unable to decompile 2 files. It now decompiles all of them from every game!
-New ability to merge jars, so that libs can be merged in, rather than be recompiled each time.
-Plugin system so that things can be separated out in the future.

The Drizzle team includes OldWolle with Age collection and mirroring, L.K. with walkthroughs and the German translation, myself with coding, Chacal with the French translation, and Wodan with the Dutch translation. Enjoy!
ddb174

Re: Drizzle25!

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed May 26, 2010 5:44 pm

The conversion of Myst 5 files still has a minor problem, at least for me. Even though the clickables are available when Myst 5 is played as a discreet entity while in Vista, once the files are converted to function as a cohesive whole with Crowthistle, MOUL and URU they do not. The cursor shows a hotspot but it is non-clickable. Thus Yeesha's 12 journals and several other items are not available..

I even deleted all Myst 5 files from my URU game (how about a button to do this automatically) and then reaccomplished the conversion, still no luck...

LOL - the conversion for the pet door just does not recognize Snakes, so they and I still slither around restlessly looking for the exit...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Chacal » Wed May 26, 2010 7:05 pm

There are several differences between MystV and Uru that prevent an entirely automated conversion. Most MystV Python code doesn't work in Uru, also most if not all animations. Lots of elements were built manually by volunteers and are added to the MystV converted files by Drizzle, such as collision meshes and ladders, so that at least players can walk around in the Ages.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Karkadann » Wed May 26, 2010 10:31 pm

ddb174 wrote:-Opens the door when your pets want in or out.

Cool, thats one im definitely gonna hafta check out
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby BahroFan » Thu May 27, 2010 1:33 am

Would it be possible to convert avatars and outfits from MagiQuest?
I have freed only ONE Bahro.
BahroFan

Postby 4runner » Thu May 27, 2010 5:21 am

Quick question, where is the MQ link book to get there. I looked in all the usual places.
4runner

Postby Old Wolle » Thu May 27, 2010 5:35 am

4runner wrote:Quick question, where is the MQ link book to get there. I looked in all the usual places.

Go to the Nexus, choose "Restoration Links" and scroll to the end of the list. You will find 3 new ages there.
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby ddb174 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:26 am

Yeah, Myst5, Crowthistle, Hexisle, and MQO are all incompletely converted, play-wise. They are more of places to explore.

As for the MQO clothing, it might be possible, but I haven't tried anything there yet.
ddb174

Postby diafero » Thu May 27, 2010 11:34 am

There are several differences between MystV and Uru that prevent an entirely automated conversion. Most MystV Python code doesn't work in Uru, also most if not all animations. Lots of elements were built manually by volunteers and are added to the MystV converted files by Drizzle, such as collision meshes and ladders, so that at least players can walk around in the Ages.
That's not entirely correct, the whole collision meshes are automatically converted. Ladders and footstep regions however were indeed added manually.
The Myst V engine has some capabilities that Uru does not have or that are broken in Uru, so it's not realistically possible to make Myst V playable in Uru. However the ages are a great place to explore, to fly around in - or to visit with your friends on an Alcugs Shard :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:13 pm

He's saying that some collision meshes had to be added to be able to explore. One example that comes to mind is Releeshan, which had no walkable area in Myst5 (you just watched a scene play out there.)
ddb174

Next

Return to Plasma Development