Drizzle25!

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle25!

Postby BahroFan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:16 pm

ddb174 wrote:I think I will play with the Python and SDL for ForestMQ to make the bridge be down, so that one can walk to the other side. Or has someone else already begun to do that?

And make the doors to the keep open.
I have freed only ONE Bahro.
BahroFan

Postby diafero » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:42 am

Yes, all the new covers I got will also be in there.
I could also make a "updated fan-ages only" release, e.g. no new features or bugfixes, just the new linking panels, covers and age config files added to the 7z file (and NOT based on my current Offline KI folder which contains files for the next version). The next full release is still far away, and such a release should not be too much work. What do you think?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Karkadann » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:31 am

It would definitely keep people interested, everybody likes updates.........speaking of which I was wondering if their was any progress on the Gahreesen wall. Something Cyan never seemed to be able to do.

I think the old metaphorical Pie in the Face from the GoW to Cyan would definitely worth looking into.
Last edited by Karkadann on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:48 am

NOW that is something I would like {no - not the pie throwing -- LOL} I have always wanted the ability to climb that wall if not in competition then at least in our offline game...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:16 am

Unfortunately, we had two people trying that and failing: GPNMilano, and Agenotfound. We came to the conclusion that the client missed some important bits which made it crash when entering the wall. So, I fear, actually *climbing* it is not going to be possible for a while :(
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:22 am

BahroFan wrote:
ddb174 wrote:I think I will play with the Python and SDL for ForestMQ to make the bridge be down, so that one can walk to the other side. Or has someone else already begun to do that?

And make the doors to the keep open.

Oh right, thanks! In any earlier version, the doors would open automatically when you approached them, but it was later made into a quest that you had to solve to open them.
ddb174

Postby Karkadann » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:42 pm

diafero wrote:Unfortunately, we had two people trying that and failing: GPNMilano, and Agenotfound. We came to the conclusion that the client missed some important bits which made it crash when entering the wall. So, I fear, actually *climbing* it is not going to be possible for a while :(

What about a way in with out fly mode, or getting the machinery working? If you guys can take it a step further it might inspire the interest of someone with a fresh perspective. Kinda like the wand of a relay race, one person hands it off to another who takes it one step closer to the finish line
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby LaReh » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:55 pm

diafero wrote:Yes, all the new covers I got will also be in there.
I could also make a "updated fan-ages only" release, e.g. no new features or bugfixes, just the new linking panels, covers and age config files added to the 7z file (and NOT based on my current Offline KI folder which contains files for the next version). The next full release is still far away, and such a release should not be too much work. What do you think?

Sounds great to me! :D
KI 8907958
LaReh

Postby ddb174 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I like that idea of having a separate download for the fan Ages data, so it can be kept up-to-date more easily too.
ddb174

Postby diafero » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:55 am

That's also a good idea - however I would also like to *reduce* the number of steps necessary to get it all working. If Drizzle had a dependency system (to mark the Offline KI package as depending on the fan-age data, and vice versa), and the suggestion I sent you via mail (to automatically [re]run the inplacemods), it would again be just one step, like back when we started.
However, AvailableLinks.inf is a core file, Offline KI does not work *at all* without it. Fan-age data could be images and Shelf only, that would work. The only downside would be that the ages would be displayed as "filename (unknown age)" in the KI and Nexus.
Or I split AvailableLinks in two files, one for fan-ages, one for the rest.

Either way, this requires changes in the core files and the structure, so it won't happen before version 3.3.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development