Offline KI 3.3

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 3.3

Postby ddb174 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:21 am

GregW11 wrote:Myst V, CT, and MagiQuest require converting through Drizzle to work. You should be able to use the same conversion as you do for the offline version and have it work. (or that's how I remember it at least)

Yes, exactly. Those games should be purchased and converted into your Uam shard installation. Everything else is automatic, so you don't need to install the ki yourself: it is automatically downloaded when you link in. The same with fan Ages!
ddb174

Postby diafero » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:56 am

The Deep Island, of course, also has the latest Offline KI always installed. Actually I'm doing most of my development on that Shard by now, so it should usually be some features ahead of the latest release ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:14 am

Offline KI 3.3a is preparing UAM to allow you to configure network access: Some age writers plan to put journals into their ages that fetch their content from the internet. This allows them to create a storyline that can develop without you needing to re-download the age, or the author needing to prepare a new version. However some people do not like a game to issue web requests, so you will be able to decide in UAM whether ages can do that or not.
Because earlier versions of the Offline KI already installed that access (to be more precise, the file python/system/_socket.pyd adding the necessary abilities to Uru), version 3.3a was released to remove it for everyone. There are no other changes in that version. This is to provide a common ground and to have the network access to default to "off" for everyone. With the release of the next Offline KI in October, the transition period will end and the Network Access package will provide an "enabled" and a "disabled" version allowing you to easily decide whether ages can request the web or not.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Egon » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:46 am

diafero wrote:This allows them to create a storyline that can develop without you needing to re-download the age, or the author needing to prepare a new version. However some people do not like a game to issue web requests, so you will be able to decide in UAM whether ages can do that or not.

I would like to se some example/tutorial on how to use this feature combined with D'Lanor template (or maybe event new version of this template for easire use).
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby diafero » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:54 am

Best should be to PM D'Lanor. For some more discussion see http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/Forum ... f=6&t=1768

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Egon » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Yesterday I updated Offline KI, and command "/updateshelf" no longer works...
Egon #2052375
Egon

Postby diafero » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:35 am

Yes, that was the update - Shelf updates will in future be released as additional package that also contains linking images and so on. You can, if you want, download the file manually from http://www.the-deep-island.de/offlineki ... nkBook.inf .
Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, I hope it to last only two weeks.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Egon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:12 am

diafero wrote:Shelf updates will in future be released as additional package that also contains linking images and so on.

SFW? I don't whan't Relto shelf to update automaticly.
I whant it to udpate whenether I want to update it...
Egon #2052375
Egon

Postby diafero » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:58 am

I did not say it was automatic. However, unlike the old one, it will also update the other files that contain fan-age data.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby GregW11 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:25 pm

Out of random curiosity, was the /updateshelf causing issues online or something? I'm quite pained to see it go, it let me see which Ages had been recently updated. Any way to add a sort by last updated option to the Nexus?
GregW11

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development