Offline KI 3.3

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 3.3

Postby Egon » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:20 am

GregW11 wrote:Out of random curiosity, was the /updateshelf causing issues online or something? I'm quite pained to see it go, it let me see which Ages had been recently updated. Any way to add a sort by last updated option to the Nexus?

My thoughs exactly.
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:25 am

Dustin had issues with _socket.pyd being present on all systems. That file allows age to issue web requests, and it is what /updateshelf used. However since that command did not update the linking images or age name list, I planned to change it to updating a package in UAM instead. So when the discussion came up about ages downloading journals from the web, and Dustin did not like that, we ended up with this solution that was acceptable for both of us.
I can however, if that is wished, re-add /updateshelf with the next Offline KI even though the package will be provided in UAM then. It will only work if the Network Access package is installed in the "enabled" version, which will be available by then.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Egon » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:04 am

Do You want me to tell that, for the purpose of "/updateshelf" command, insetad of just cheking which "AGE" files are having most recent "Date modified" date, and run this against AgeList inf file, You grab list of most recent updates from URI?
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:38 am

/updateshelf always worked by simply downloading http://www.the-deep-island.de/offlineki ... nkBook.inf and putting it into your Uru folder. Wolle and me create that file, and we sort the center block by the date the age got its last update. Doing that automatically would be a pain, not to mention that the "last changed" date differs from system to system, that not all ages should be displayed in Relto, and that parts of the Shelf are manually defined.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:07 am

In general, the best way to see the latest updates is simply to take a look at the official (and automatically generated) list of UAM updates: http://dusty.homeunix.net/uru-ages/uam.updates.htm
ddb174

Previous

Return to Plasma Development