Offline KI 3.3

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI 3.3

Postby diafero » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 am

The Offline KI brings the KI and other changes you are used to from UU and MOUL to your CC/TPOTS game. It allows you to reach fan ages and Cyan ages converted by Drizzle (from MOUL, Myst V or any of the other supported games): All of them are integrated into the existing environment. In addition, it lets you create and play marker missions and use flymode to inspect ages. It features a lot of KI commands useful while developing and debugging ages. On Alcugs Shards, it also fixes a lot of multiplayer issues.

Version 3.3 of my Offline KI is available for download now - just check your UAM. For more information about how to get it and what to do with it, you can visit http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI . This release adds the following new features:

- Added link to Seret in the city and the Nexus (needs MOUL ages converted with Drizzle 27). Thanks a lot to Kaelis Ebonrai!
(Drizzle 27 is not-yet released, but I advise not to convert MOUL with Drizzle 26 as that will cause some files to be removed that you have to manually copy back in, and others to be installed that have to be manually removed)
- Added autolink feature: "/autolink <age filename>" tells the KI to automatically link you to the specified age on next startup. "/autolink disable" disables this feature.
- Added /listsdl command to list all SDL variables available in the current age. Optionally takes a case-insensitive filter as argument (e.g. "/listsdl yeesha" will only list SDL variables with "yeesha" in their name)
- Added /linksp command to link to a certain spawnpoint in an age (instead of LinkInPointDefault, where /link links to)
- Added support for MQO ages (thanks to Dustin for some Python patches)
- Nexus now shows a column header ("Name") for the categories "Public Links" and "Restoration Links": Clicking on it reverses the order in which the ages are presented
- Added MOUL-era entries to Sharper's journal in his city office (thanks to Kaelis Ebonrai)
- The KI now adds unknown buddies to the recent list (i.e. people that you don't have on your buddy list sending you buddy chat) - thanks a lot to D'Lanor for this patch!
- The Guild Neighborhood is also available from Nexus

There were also some changes to existing features:

- Don't allow people to use /hood or /nexus to get out of the Cleft before collecting a Relto book
- Linking definitions for fan-ages and Cyan's ages are now managed in different files
- /link can now also link to not-yet registered owned ages
- Some updates required because Drizzle now converts the MOUL hood into a new age instead of adding parts of it to the old hood

And, last but not least, a bunch of bugfixes:

- Kaelis fixed an issue with the pedestal models for the hood->city and city->Jalak links, and some world model <-> GUI inconsistencies
- Fixed the visitor logger in the Guild Neighborhood
- Fixed Sparkly fireworks in multiplayer environments
- Fixed MOUL Bahro caves to no longer allow to walk on other age's platforms (thanks to Dustin for help on this)
- Fixed many Bahro stones offering sharing even though it won't work (thanks to Kaelis Ebonrai for helping testing)
- Fix for being able to circumvent the quit-the-game-error-dialogue with the "Esc" key
- Fixed Bahro stone linking panels (thanks to Kaelis Ebonrai for catching this)
- Fixed /link command to no longer attempt to link to unavailable ages

If you are an age writer and want to create a cover for your book or a linking picture for your age, please read the technical documentation for further information. You can make Relto look awesome :)

I hope you enjoy it, please let me know if there are any problems (though it is also always nice to hear things are working properly :D )
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 3.3

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:49 am

Yay! Awesome to see all this work finally released - Good job, 'fero! =D
kaelisebonrai

Postby Chacal » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:42 am

:o That's a lot of important changes!
Thanks diafero and all who helped.
I'm impressed by the variety and quality of improvements.
Isn't there anything you guys can't fix?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Aloys » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:51 am

That's certainly a lot of new features and fixes.. One specifically stands out to me:
diafero wrote:- Added autolink feature: "/autolink <age filename>" tells the KI to automatically link you to the specified age on next startup. "/autolink disable" disables this feature.

Am I reading that right? Does it mean you can load directly a selected Age on Uru's startup instead of Relto? That would significally enhance the testing times...
Aloys

Postby ddb174 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:53 am

(And it's working on the shard well.) That autolink is a handy feature, and since I've been using a custom command to do that for a long time, I would just like to remind everyone that if your Age becomes corrupted and you have trouble fixing it, you'll have trouble disabling it ;) So you might want to create a second avatar for using it.
ddb174

Postby diafero » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback! :P

Am I reading that right? Does it mean you can load directly a selected Age on Uru's startup instead of Relto? That would significally enhance the testing times...
You are, and it already served me quite a lot :) Glad you like it!

(And it's working on the shard well.)
It's supposed to, despite it's name :D

That autolink is a handy feature, and since I've been using a custom command to do that for a long time, I would just like to remind everyone that if your Age becomes corrupted and you have trouble fixing it, you'll have trouble disabling it ;) So you might want to create a second avatar for using it.
Alternatively, just remove the .age file of the age you set up for autolinking from the Uru dat folder. Offline KI will detect that and not link you there.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chacal » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:29 pm

So the age file is not necessary for loading an Age?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby diafero » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:12 pm

It is, but the KI could still attempt to link there, which most most likely result in you ending up in an age with nothing at all in it, just a pink screen with KI, basically. Or Uru crashes. Offline KI avoids this by checking first ;-)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Paradox » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:52 pm

I think if you link to an Age that doesn't exist Uru just shows a black screen with no progress bars. I know I've seen that when I've mistyped Age names in /link.
Paradox

Postby Atrion » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:59 am

Will this version of Drizzle do the things you say is needed http://www.the-deep-island.de/uru-ages/drizzles/Drizzle27b3.jar or is this just some other drizzle version?
-Atrion Darnay-
Atrion

Next

Return to Plasma Development