Drizzle27!

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Drizzle27!

Postby ddb174 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Drizzle27 has just been released, and here's what's new!

You can get it through the UAM tab of Drizzle, or download it manually from Sourceforge: http://sf.net/projects/drizzle

This release focuses mainly on shard administration, but there are some important conversion changes, so this is a recommended upgrade for everyone!

(The official page with installation instructions, walkthroughs and screenshots for the Ages, and a more detailed description is here: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle)

(You can use Moulagain files instead of Moul files if you wish! And you can buy MagiquestOnline at http://www.magiquest.com/mqonline/)

New features for Age Writers:
-3dsmax Age Writing: swim regions now work in multiplayer.
-Command-line texture distiller, to pull the textures a prp uses into the prp itself. (Useful for things like Ahra Pahts.)
-Reorganized command-line help into categories, making it much more understandable.
-More exclamation marks than an Archie comic!

New features for Shard Administrators:
-Talcum now uses unencrypted .pak and .sdl files, which is much easier for editing. (For shard administrators.)
-Can search for, detect the version of, and use CPython's Python compiler if installed. (Intended for advanced users.)
-Can create diffs between Python files, or entire .pak files.
-Can patch .pak files to resolve some online problems. (For shard administrators.)
-One-click Uam updater and shard file generator. (For shard administrators.)

Bug fixes:
-Fixes for Moul memories, which were causing some troubles with some textnotes.
-Pagenums now reproduce the Plasma quirk of overflowing. (Which was causing a problem.)

The Drizzle team includes L.K. with walkthroughs and the German translation, myself with coding, Chacal with the French translation, and Wodan with the Dutch translation. Enjoy!
ddb174

Re: Drizzle27!

Postby diafero » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:54 am

You "forgot" to mention that you enforced a new UAM database URL, on the quiet overriding whatever setting there used to be. Interesting how quick this can suddenly be done, after you were so heavily opposed to a URL change I wished about a year ago...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:12 am

Yes, there has been a URL change. (Url changes are annoying because of having to change old versions.) People using older versions can manually change this address as follows:
1)Go to the UAM tab and click "Change Server"
2)Enter http://dusty.homeunix.net/uru-ages/
ddb174

Postby kaelisebonrai » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:11 am

if you are going to host the uam on your own server... don't leech bandwidth off wolle.

Most of the links /still/ point to the old (and better) uam's server.
kaelisebonrai

Postby OHB » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:24 am

To be the voice of reason:

Dustin, what's the reason for the change? If there's a benefit I don't see a problem with this in general. Nor do I see a problem using wolle for bandwidth if he's ok with that.
OHB

Postby ddb174 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:22 am

It's okay, don't worry folks! It's just a URL change; it's still the same database I've always managed. We've worked it out in emails, and everything's fine here now. I asked whether they would prefer me to keep the current links there, or move them to the new URL. They would prefer me to move them all to the new URL, so I'm doing so. (Though that's a lot of data to transfer for a 1.5 megabit connection, so it might take a day or two.)
ddb174

Postby diafero » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:28 am

We agreed that Dustin will now do his UAM database completely on his own, so neither Old Wolle nor I are in any way affiliated with it anymore. After some recent disagreements this looks like the best solution. Our own database is delivering the Drizzle 27 update and telling people about the server change, so you can have a smooth transition without needing to worry about our conflicts.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:05 am

Drizzle 27 has a notification of a new version but no point of download is available. Soundforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/drizzle/) still lists Drizzle 27, but Drizzle 27 lists Drizzle 28
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Karkadann » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:57 am

Perhaps it should list Drizzle 28 as Download pending
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby ddb174 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Heh, it's changed back. I've done this a number of times: I'm using the current testing version of the next Drizzle to update, and it changes the Drizzle version to the same as it is. I've finally changed the code for this so that it won't happen again^^
ddb174

Next

Return to Plasma Development