Help needed for installation offline - ki with drizzle

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Help needed for installation offline - ki with drizzle

Postby tangara » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:16 am

Hello,

I sent the message below to the forum alcugs and diafero recommended me to ask for help here. Thank you in advance.

I do not manage to play Uru-ages beyond Myst + patch To D'ni with the offline - ki and the new ages. Either the game refuses to dash, or I have " impossible to load the file, the error # 0 ", or the game freezes just after the launch, or my avatar does not have a head anymore or remains blocked in its empty cupboard. I do not stop uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
I nevertheless followed literally installation instructions given to install ULM before offline - ki because the game is not Uru CC (I have Uru CC by Steam and also Uru Live but drizzle does not find them in spite of the access path, I don't know why ???)
Thank you in advance for the assistance which you will bring me, I am discouraged.
Beforehand forgiveness for the language, but not mastering enough English, I am crossed by Reverso and I know that sometimes the translations are fanciful, lol!
tangara

Re: Help needed for installation offline - ki with drizzle

Postby ddb174 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:23 am

You don't need to install ULM, as the UAM is probably what you want. You'll want Drizzle27 (or newer) as the Uam files are now stored at a new address. You can get it from http://sf.net/projects/drizzle and the instructions are here http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle. As for Steam: apparently someone has managed to get it to work, but due to the DRM Steam places on it's games, I recommend not buying from them, and instead getting a gog.com copy or a physical CD copy.

(By the way, I answered this at Alcugs, but I'll copy&paste here too.)
ddb174

Postby tangara » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Thank's for your reply,

I've already got drizzle 27 and read the install instructions on http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle. My problem is we can' find POTS in France anymore, except Uru CC at Steam, it' s why I bought it that way because I already had ages beyond Myst and to D'ni. It's only after my purchases that I heard of alcugs and drizzle and, of course I was very exciting to obtain new ages and so disappointed not to be able to install them.

I found The Path of the Shell on amazon US but they refuse to make the sending in France.
I went on your gog.com site but they have'nt Uru.
I 'm going to continue to look.... I have to wait before discovering the new worlds, boo, boo :cry:
tangara

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:21 pm

On GOG you are looking for URU Complete Chronicles. Just click the title and you will be taken to the web page.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby tangara » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:26 pm

Finally, I found POTS to amazon.uk. for cheaper. Everything should be well when I would have the complete game. :D
Thank you for your help.
tangara

Return to Plasma Development