Drizzle28!

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Drizzle28!

Postby ddb174 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Drizzle28 is out, and here's what's new!

You can get it from Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/drizzle/files/Drizzle28.jar, or possibly through UAM. (If you're using Drizzle26 or older, you'll need to get it from Sourceforge, due to the URL change.)

(The official page with installation instructions, walkthroughs and screenshots for the Ages, and a more detailed description is here: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle)

This release focuses on improved 3dsmax conversion and improved auto-update. There is also a new, handy way to send Ages to me for inclusion in UAM: http://dusty.homeunix.net/upload/

New 3dsmax Conversion Features:
-3dsmax conversion now handles subworld exit regions.
-3dsmax conversion makes sounds streaming, so that SoundDecompress does not need to be run.
-Small improvement to physics conversion. (Affects Moul,Mqo,3dsmax conversion.)

Gui Improvements:
-Finally replaced logbox with a colorized custom version.
-Talks softly to you after you've had a long day.

Advanced Things:
-Autoupdate: When restarting due to an update, settings file will now be saved first. (If settings are set to be saved, of course.)
-Autoupdate: Drizzle.jar will be created if it doesn't exist, even if installing the same version as is running. (Was causing problems because some people tried to install Drizzle26 with Drizzle26 or Drizzle27 with Drizzle27, and then there was no Drizzle.jar and thus Drizzle.exe didn't work.)
-Warns if _socket.pyd is present.
-Made UAM updates more efficient and automated.
-UAM list is automatically alphabetized during generation.
-Fixed bug with backslashes on non-Windows systems when downloading Moulagain files.

The Drizzle team includes L.K. with walkthroughs and the German translation, myself with coding, Chacal with the French translation, and Wodan with the Dutch translation. Enjoy!
ddb174

Re: Drizzle28!

Postby diafero » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:53 am

Could you please commit to SVN, or upload the source somewhere,for those of us that prefer compiling themselves?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chacal » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:32 am

ddb174 wrote:-Talks softly to you after you've had a long day.

Thanks, I needed that.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby ddb174 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:35 am

(It's on Alcugs SVN now; it was late last night, so I hadn't gotten around to it yet.)
ddb174

Postby GregW11 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Time to re-convert, and convert MagiQuest for the first time... There are a few familiar filenames in the dat folder too...
GregW11

Postby ddb174 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:09 am

Oh, I forgot to mention that this new version *might* help when it comes to falling through the Jalak pillars.
ddb174

Return to Plasma Development