Offline KI 3.4

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI 3.4

Postby diafero » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:07 pm

The Offline KI brings the KI and other changes you are used to from UU and MOUL to your CC/TPOTS game. It allows you to reach fan ages and Cyan ages converted by Drizzle (from MOUL, Myst V or any of the other supported games): All of them are integrated into the existing environment. In addition, it lets you create and play marker missions and use flymode to inspect ages. It features a lot of KI commands useful while developing and debugging ages. On Alcugs Shards, it also fixes a lot of multiplayer issues.

Version 3.4 of my Offline KI is now available for download at http://www.the-deep-island.de/uru-ages/ ... ki--3.4.7z and will soon appear in the age manager. For more information about how to get it and what to do with it, you can visit http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI . The changes of this release are as follows:

- You can now download updates for the fan-age data in a dedicated package - the /updateshelf command has therefore been removed
- Added a bunch of admin-only commands to manipulate objects in the age you are in: /xyz, /x, /y, /z, /hide, /show, /ghost, /unghost, /normalize, /repos, /location
- Reduced "This player is afk/can not see the KI" spam: The KI remembers whom it sent the notification and waits two minutes before sending it to the same person again (except for private chat)
- Add support for the server-side /!resetage command that can be used to reset the state of a fan-age
- Brought the hood Bahro back
- "/link KirelMOUL" and "/link city" work again
- Fix chat breakage when linking out of a private chat area (thanks to D'Lanor!)
- Fixed book covers of wall jorunals in Gahreesen (thanks to kaelis for noticing this)
- Disabled non-functional GZ markers in Seret
- Fix for the link from Kemo to the hood not to add a link to the Relto book
- Fixed linking from Seret to Gahreesen on Alcugs Shards

If you are an age writer and want to create a cover for your book or a linking picture for your age, please read the technical documentation for further information.

This release was rushed because the age of Adrael waited for it. Please let me know if there are any problems (though it is also always nice to hear things are working properly :) )
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 3.4

Postby BahroFan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:00 pm

What happens if I try to /link to the Er'cana City Silo:

Also, I still can't /link to Tsogal or Delin:
I have freed only ONE Bahro.
BahroFan

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:21 am

Have you been to Er'cana city silo before? I assumed it also used the LinkInPointDefault, but obviously that is not the case.

Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal are sub-ages of the Neighborhood, so you can only link there from the hood.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby BahroFan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:01 am

It used to be possible to /link to Tsogal and Delin.
I have freed only ONE Bahro.
BahroFan

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:37 am

Yes, that was before I made them subages - which is more correct, they are subages in MOUL, too.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:23 am

This may be a stupid question, BUT I have always wondered about Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal. Since they are sub-ages of the Neighborhood, why are they not added to the Relto's Neighborhood Book once we have linked to them???
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:43 am

They are not added *because* they are sub ages ;-)

Only "owned" ages are added to the Shelf. They end up in the AgesIOwnFolder in your internal avatar data structure, which is the base on which the Shelf is built. The fan-age books in the lower row are an exception, they are added in a hardcoded way based on which ages you have installed.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:34 am

Let me explain this with some examples. Suppose you link to Eder Delin or Tsogal directly and then you link back from there to the Neighborhood. Do you know what would happen? It would create a new sub age instance of the Neighborhood within the garden age you came from.
And the Delin/Tsogal you initially linked to would not be the same instance people arrive to from the Neighborhood either. In fact this would result in two differently instanced sets of sub ages.

Now suppose we could link directly between Delin and Tsogal using the sub age link. Let's say you correctly linked to the Neighborhood first, then to Tsogal and then to Delin and back to the Neighborhood. You would again end up in a different Neighborhood instance! If from that point on you repeat the sequence Tsogal - Delin - Neighborhood you will be creating a perpetual downwards spiral of sub ages within sub ages, never reaching the same instance. In short: Instance Hell! :twisted:
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Now I am thourghly confused!!!

So how does this compare to Eder Gira, Eder Kemo, Gahreesen and of course the Nexus and Relto Book Shelf where we are obtaining links from a private age to a public age.
Eder Gira = Takotah Rooftop
Eder Kemo = Nieghborhood Classroom Roof
Gahreesen = Nieghborhood Balcony

Nexus and Relto Book Shelf = unliminated links

It seems like we could incorperate the old ability of changing neighborhoods that we use to possess in URU Live and Choru. Everytime this was done we had to go back to Eder Kemo and Gahreesen to reestablish the old links again. To me it seems that this old ability could be adopted and the Links to Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal would remained linked to that Neighborhood instance... Or have I messed up again in my interpetation???...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Those are not sub ages.

Obtaining the links you mention is just spawnpoint info being written to an age link node pointing to an existing instance. This spawnpoint info is retrieved by the Relto bookshelf and then it shows those linking panels.

Switching Neighborhoods will create a fresh new age link node (even though the instance it links to may already exists). So unless the spawnpoint info is migrated to the new age link node you lose those links. This was fixed in MOUL if I am not mistaken.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Next

Return to Plasma Development