What about Tsoidhal Prad????

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

What about Tsoidhal Prad????

Postby Annabelle » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:36 am

Hello all,

Some of the fan ages are really great to visit and Tsoidhal Prad is one of my favorites. Why can't I go there anymore?

It shows on my Drizzle's Age listing but doesn't appears on either URU installs whether is URU : CC as standalone with Drizzle or Deep Island client install.

Is there something that can be done about that? Am I the only one that doesn't see this age? Is there something that went wrong in the 28th version of Drizzle that disable this age from the Restoration Links?

I'm wondering and hoping that I will be able to visit it again in a near future.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: What about Tsoidhal Prad????

Postby diafero » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:35 am

Dustin emailed me telling me Justintime wished for the age not to appear in Nexus. I have to admit I assumed it was available in Shinelight Manor, but noticed yesterday it is not. So I have no idea how we are supposed to get there anymore, sorry. I will email Justintime about this.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:53 am

This question does not belong in the Deep Island section. It should be moved to the Drizzle & Offline-KI section.

Tsoidahl Prad is a reward for solving the puzzle in Shinelight Manor and Zefora. Do that to get there.

Edit: If you need help doing so, here is the UAM walkthrough page: http://alcugs.almlys.org/UAM/Ages
ddb174

Postby Annabelle » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:30 pm

Well ok Justin but this is quite an answer!!!

How are we suppose to know this at first? :lol:

I know that authors often publish their ages without having finishing them or while awaiting some improvements that is true with J'Kla's Enobmort which is always a WIP at this time. I didn't know the linking between your 3 stated ages otherwise than they were made by the same author.

It is not quite obvious for everyone those type of changes. Only the author knows the outcome they want to have with their ages. From what I recall and for being there quite a few times, Tsoidahl Prad was available for everyone. I knew there was a link between the 3 ages since they were written by the same author but didn't know that he decided to link the 3 age together, well not entirely true since I've saw a linking book in shinelight for Zefora but not for Toidahl but now, knowing it is a reward age, I understand.

A mesage to authors : never take for granted that every explorers know your thoughts about your ages, at least give us some infos about it, like J'kla have done with Enobmort stating that this and that will change in a near future in a text.

Ok then, I will solve both ages : shinelight Manor and Zefora.

Sorry, for the wrong posting, I didn't even know there was a section for Drizzle & Offline-KI section, but anyway I want to comment on that since I post on french forums too, there is something that people doesn't link together in their mind, wonder why? If I post a specific topic (like this one for instance) in Drizzle & Offline-KI section, they won't make the connection that my topic is pertaining also for the Deep Island Shard or whatever other shard online. So until people can understand that Drizzle and Shard aren't so different afterall, I will post my topic where I think it will be the most helpful for the community. I think that, with the number of member in that particular shard, Deep Island, I don't want to be rude to any other existing Shard, I will get more attention than posting that on Drizzle & Offline-KI section of this forum where people of Deep Island don't go.

I use both ways of playing URU : shard and Drizzle on standalone URU and this matter (not able to go to Tsoidahl Prad) touches the 2 way of playing URU. So, do whatever you want with this post, I'm not a moderator, I just know by experience, the outcome of getting thi subject off the shard section.

Thank you for letting me know why I couldn't get anymore to Tsoidahl Prad.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby ddb174 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:13 pm

(By the way, I'm Dustin, the guy who manages fan Age releases and Drizzle. Justin is the Age's author.)

Yes, it's perfectly understandable that people would be confused by this change, and it was a good question you asked. (By your reaction it sounds like you thought I was being harsh, but I didn't mean to sound that way.) Anyway, this question is directed at me, but I don't regularly read the Deep Island forums, so this wasn't the best place for it. Questions about fan Ages and Cyan Ages from other games and such should probably go on another forum. Now you know :)
ddb174

Postby diafero » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:48 am

Dustin is right, this is not Deep-Island-specific, so I moved the topic.

I have to agree though that for someone not knowing the technical details, it must be hard to know what is Shard-specific, what belongs to an age, what to Drizzle and what to the Offline KI ;-)

Also, good to know the age can still be reached - I am still struggling with said puzzle :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby N. Sigismund » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:22 am

Maybe code could be added to Drizzle to facilitate some kind of drop-down support in the age download browser? Ages that interconnect could then be put in one set.
For reference:
IC: Nye Morgan
OOC: Sigismund, Nye, Huw Dawson
N. Sigismund

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:08 am

N. Sigismund wrote:Maybe code could be added to Drizzle to facilitate some kind of drop-down support in the age download browser? Ages that interconnect could then be put in one set.

I Second that motion. The unified download of all connected ages is a great idea..
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Annabelle » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Yes you are Dustin, this is your name not Justin. I will try to remember with your login name beginning with a "D". Sorry.

I found out the puzzle solution and went to Tsoidhal Prad yesterday. It is not that hard when you know the solution and it is even real easy when you know how to cheat it :lol: . Well, I had to do it once to know how to cheat it now it is easier my way. :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:34 am

Just noticed this topic. Sorry about all the confusion this has been causing. My original plans for Tsoidahl Prad were that it would be a reward for beating Zefora. In fact, I planned to release it along with Zefora and Shinelight manor, but then there was the D'ni Locations Contest. For the DLC I had to make it public for judging and publicity. If you read the Shinelight Manor and Zefora journals it explains my desire that Tsoidahl Prad stays secure. (it is a very old area and probably dangerous).
Justintime9

Next

Return to Plasma Development