How to use Talcum?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: How to use Talcum?

Postby Christian Walther » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:36 am

Two more patches:

Cope with clients that politely close their connections (such as PlasmaClient) rather than resetting them (like UruExplorer). This is the least invasive way of solving the problem given the current code, however it is a pretty hacky solution and that code would probably better be reorganized somehow.
patch Show Spoiler

Support creation and authentication of e-mail-style user accounts (with challenge/response authentication) in addition to plain ones (with one-way password hash) (PlasmaClient/libHSPlasma only supported the former prior to 2010-10-27). Tested for both cases with both PlasmaClient and UruExplorer.
patch Show Spoiler
Christian Walther

Postby ddb174 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:57 pm

Cool, thanks! I'll put that in soon. And since you're interested in Talcum, I'll go ahead and take a look at those KI and SDL things soon too.

But for tonight, I've got trick-or-treaters to make sing^^
ddb174

Postby Chacal » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:08 pm

I miss that. In my previous appartment, I had dozens of kids ringing the bell. I'd put my Frankenstein mask on and open the door. I'd stop only when the high-pitched screaming finally broke a window.

Now I live in a condo block with no access for kids. And no kids either.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby N. Sigismund » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:12 am

:lol:

I dunno about Halloween in Britain. We already have Bonfire Night on the 5th, so I always thought a spooky harvest festival was a bit... superfluous?

In any case, after I've polished off this essay I'm writing, I'm going to have a crack at bumping up the quality of all the current clothing in the game. It is a shame that PrpShop doesn't mesh properly with MOULa, though. Is there any chance of this being fixed?
For reference:
IC: Nye Morgan
OOC: Sigismund, Nye, Huw Dawson
N. Sigismund

Postby diafero » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:27 pm

It is a shame that PrpShop doesn't mesh properly with MOULa, though. Is there any chance of this being fixed?

Could you describe the issue in detail (including the steps to reproduce it) in a new thread in the libHSPlasma section of the GoW? It is much more likely to be noticed there than in another (more or less) unrelated thread.

Alternatively, directly ad it to http://code.google.com/p/libhsplasma/issues/list
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Christian Walther » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:06 pm

ddb174 wrote:Cool, thanks! I'll put that in soon. And since you're interested in Talcum, I'll go ahead and take a look at those KI and SDL things soon too.

Great! There is no urgency, for the moment my itch is scratched.

Talcum currently holds my interest as the only MOUL server that runs on my computer – that may or may not stay the case in the future. :)

By the way, I just found out the hard way that it is much too easy to clear the database using the web interface – instinctively hit the return key in the password field, Safari interprets that as a push of the first submit button in the form, and :shock: bang! Fortunately there wasn’t anything important in that vault…
Christian Walther

Postby Chacal » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Christian Walther wrote:Great! There is no urgency, for the moment my itch is scratched.

If only there was some kind of powder you could use to stop the itching...
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Christian Walther » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:31 pm

Talcum powder appears to do the job. Dirt or sand might work too.
Christian Walther

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:42 am

I might suggest that you contact George Weasley (Though Fred's Spirit might be easier to find) and ask one of them for some modified Floo Powder...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Previous

Return to Plasma Development