Great News for Fan Age Players and Authors Alike!

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Great News for Fan Age Players and Authors Alike!

Postby ddb174 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:01 pm

The return of the UAM KI plugin (a Cyan-approved project), and the release of Drizzle29!

Uam Ki Plugin v17:
  • Customize the books on your Relto bookshelf, using /bookshelf.
    -If used online, any visitors to your Relto will even see and can use your selection of your favourite Ages!
  • Authors can now create and share Relto Pages! More info and a tutorial here: http://dusty.homeunix.net/wiki/UAM/ReltoPages
    -And it works online too, so that when visiting someone's Relto, you will see the pages they have turned on.
    -And for people making Ages, it is even easy to have your page be a reward for solving a puzzle!
  • For people testing a new avatar and wanting to get up and running quickly, there are three new cheat commands: /opencleftdoor, /getki, and /getmarkers
  • A stable framework for Age authors, making it possible to do many things without Python nor SDL.
    -Linking books and journals and clickables are all supported in this first version. UamVars!
    -For those who do prefer Python, there are many commands here: http://dusty.homeunix.net/wiki/UAM/Python
    -It is all carefully designed so that everything is supportable whether in Pots, Alcugs, UntilUru, Moulagain, or Talcum!
  • A full reset command (/reset) that resets a fan Age's state, and works both offline and online.
    -(Technical details: removes the AgeChronicles, DevicesFolder, VaultSDL, PlayerChronicles, physics, and regular SDL.)
  • Module system that easily allows you to enable/disable modules.
  • GPLv3+, like Drizzle.

Drizzle29:
  • Displays progress when downloading from moulagain and when decompiling python files.
  • Improved command-line support, such as closing properly and hiding the splashscreen.
  • Command-line "listobjects" function to just list the objects in a prp file.
  • Translated up the Minkata starting point, to hopefully fix the bug some people had with falling through the ground there.
  • 3dsmax conversion now has a "Partial Age" option for creating Relto Pages and Ahra Pahts shells.
  • Bugfix for Moulagain clients: fixed memory leak
  • Subworlds now seem 100% stable! Reorders objects to work around a Plasma bug, where the names of objects was causing problems with subworlds.
  • Some minor improvements to DrizzleDeepview.
  • Talcum's automation is improved, so it is simpler to set up. Some info and a tutorial: http://dusty.homeunix.net/wiki/Talcum
  • Sings nursery rhymes only *slightly* off-key.

Available through Drizzle/UAM and the UAM Shard! (Just type /uam to bring up the help.) Since these are major new features, please bear with us and report any bugs!

The Drizzle/UAM team includes Dustin with coding, L.K. with walkthroughs and the German translation, Chacal with the French translation, and Wodan with the Dutch translation!

I hope you folks find these to be improvements to your time in Uru, and enjoy them!
ddb174

Re: Great News for Fan Age Players and Authors Alike!

Postby N. Sigismund » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:29 am

Editing your own Relto is officially amazing. :D
Better Talcum setup is also officially amazing. :D

EDIT:Reading through the Talcum tutorial, I'm getting an unknown command error when I do step one. :x
I also can't actually connect to Cyan's server, due to my idiotic University's firewall policy. What ports does MOULa actually use again?
Last edited by N. Sigismund on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
For reference:
IC: Nye Morgan
OOC: Sigismund, Nye, Huw Dawson
N. Sigismund

Postby brunhilde » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:11 am

Wow..Talcum is very cool! But i found some Bugs..You basically can only go to Relto, from there it's not possible to go anywhere, since you're not able to open the Pillar on the Island.. Is that normal?
brunhilde

Postby diafero » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:03 am

For the danger of repeating myself... can't see anything in SVN ;-)

Also, what exactly is "Cyan-approved" - I know they approved your UAM some years ago, but this new KI plugin does not have much to do with it anymore, besides the name?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:34 am

Moulagain and Talcum use TCP ports 14617 and 80. (80 is regular http which they use.) If you can't connect to Moulagain because of your school's firewall, then you can't get the files from step one, because it connects to Moulagain to get them. Unless you perhaps find someone to get them and send them to you? That would work.

For the bugs with Talcum: yes, I haven't polished it up much, because at the moment Pots is better in my opinion. But at least this way, people can get playing with it, and perhaps fix a few bugs! And if PlasmaClient gets to the point where it can replace Cyan's client, I could put a lot more effort into it! (This particular bug you're talking about: I know what I should do to debug it, but it's been on the backburner lately.)

Okay, Drizzle29 and UamKiPlugin17 are on SVN now! UamKiPlugin is not just in name only: it has the same mandate as always: to facilitate the integration of fan content into Uru. It took a break, but it is the same project, just as the UAM tab of Drizzle is the same project as UruAgeManager 1 through 16. (E.g. Drizzle's converting features are not a part of the project I described to Cyan and got a license for, so I don't pretend otherwise.) In general, the UAM projects have some kind of approval from Cyan, even if covered by NDA.
ddb174

Postby N. Sigismund » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:27 am

Ah, got the command line thing working. The Arg boxes are not very intuitive!

If you're not able to get past step one because you get an invalid command error, you need to put your username, pass and where to download to individually in the first three Arg boxes, not strung after the command!
For reference:
N. Sigismund

Postby ddb174 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:08 am

Hmm... yeah, perhaps the Advanced->CommandLine thing should have just a single box that takes everything in one line. Normally, the command-line stuff is intended to be used literally from a dos-box with no gui at all, but this GUI way is fine too.
ddb174

Postby N. Sigismund » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:50 pm

ddb174 wrote:even if covered by NDA.

Aaah, NDAs are fun. :P

In any case, I'm VERY pleased with the basic Talcum stuff now I've got it up and running.

POTS might be better, but a fully functional MOULa test server would be quite nice. :P

As it stands though, I could host a server somewhere and people could download from that, right? Even if I meddled with certain textures and values to give MOULa a little bit of a graphical oomph?

EDIT: Just checked, the answer is yes. I used PRPShop to extract the bomber jacket DDS, put it into Photoshop, doubled it's res and put it back in - now even when I zoom out to the furthest I can in Relto, the bomber jacket still looks crisp! The jacket was one of the more ugly tops, now it actually looks reasonably okay. :P

I'm imagining the possibilites right now. Talcum's just gone from "meh" to "whoa" with how easy that was.
Last edited by N. Sigismund on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For reference:
N. Sigismund

Postby ddb174 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Yes! And all they should need to get started is that UruLauncher.exe file that you use.
ddb174

Postby N. Sigismund » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:33 pm

This is making me wonder - if I doubled the size of all the textures in Relto, how nice would it look? After all, it's not the models that have aged so badly in Uru, it's the texture sizes...

I'll use this Oblivion trick: http://www.oblivionmodwiki.com/index.ph ... eplacement

BRB, procrastinating vital degree work for computer game.

EDIT: Somehow I've managed to get it to stop loading textures, just by replacing Yeesha's symbol and the the walls... :(
EDITX2: And now I've broken the install, hehe. I wonder why you can modify the textures of clothing easily, but the game resists modifying other things?
For reference:
N. Sigismund

Next

Return to Plasma Development