Ball in Minkata

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Ball in Minkata

Postby tangara » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:01 pm

:D I fell on a ball in Minkata.
Do not ask me exactly where : I was lost ! I left from first picture point. I ran about 2' then came back by keeping the sun on my left. It is somewhere there that I found it, in the sandstorm. But unfortunately, I could never repeat this feat. :lol:
Attachments
Départ.png
Départ.png (621.25 KiB) Viewed 4619 times
Surprise à Minkata.png
Surprise à Minkata.png (291.72 KiB) Viewed 4619 times
tangara

Re: Ball in Minkata

Postby ddb174 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:39 pm

Heh, I recall hearing Rand talk about Minkata, saying something about how the idea just came to him to have an Age that just went on for a mile in all directions, and how awesome that was :D

Getting the craters working in Pots/Alcugs was a huge pain, and Minkata used to look like this: http://picasaweb.google.com/ddb174/Moul#5182251964158364370 and this: http://picasaweb.google.com/ddb174/Moul#5248981384838542370. It was *so* much easier to find the correct craters back then, though!
ddb174

Postby tangara » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:10 am

And do you recall someone say he had found a ball or any other object in there ( except shoes and sparkly of course ) ? I was very surprise of it !
tangara

Postby ddb174 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:52 am

Yes, I once saw instructions on how to get to it. I was able to find it *once* but the other few times I tried, I still couldn't find it! :D It's really hard to find, so count yourself lucky!
ddb174

Postby diafero » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:32 pm

IIRC you can usually find it buy running straight to one of the caves and then go on and on, but you need to be lucky because missing the angle by a small amount can get you off completely. I found it some times in MOUL and had my fun bringing it back to the cage :lol:

However, last time I found it in POTS, it suffered from the same bug as the cones in Kirel - it would fall through the floor as soon as I touched it.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tangara » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:10 pm

ddb174 wrote:Yes, I once saw instructions on how to get to it. I was able to find it *once* but the other few times I tried, I still couldn't find it! :D It's really hard to find, so count yourself lucky!

If you remember these instructions or where you saw them, tell me please ! I'll search my way because as you, I couldn't renew my feat. Edit : Indeed, you seek, you find ! :D
Show Spoiler

"diafero" However, last time I found it in POTS, it suffered from the same bug as the cones in Kirel - it would fall through the floor as soon as I touched it.

However it's in POTS I found it and it was rolling quite well. :P Diafero,sorry, I don't understand: IIRC.... :shock:
tangara

Postby Chacal » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:30 pm

Minkata_08.jpg
Minkata_08.jpg (54.91 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby tangara » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:38 am

Splendid goal Chacal! 8-)
Just a question: does the ball take again its place or does it remain where it was abandoned leaving the game ?
Thanks to the indications given, I found it easily and I was bringing back it (painfully) when I had been disconnected (call me lucky ;) ). When I came back, impossible to find this… beep… soccer ball ! :x
tangara

Postby diafero » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:33 am

Nice picture - and good to hear it is usable and does not fall through the floor :D

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tangara » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:06 pm

diafero wrote:IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

;) Wow! It was really an amazing shortcut for a poor little frenchy ! :lol:
tangara

Next

Return to Plasma Development