Offline Ki Markergame

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline Ki Markergame

Postby Sirius » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:24 am

Hi,

There is a part of the MOULa KI missing in the Offline KI: when you create a new markergame, you should have a little window appearing telling you to give a name and a quest type for it. Instead, in Offline KI, it opens directly the main window...
Any way to repair it ?

Also, there is another thing a bit annoying: once you have the main window open, if you edit the game you can see an arrow near "quest game". I guess it was used to change the quest type (it seems it is not possible anyway), but the arrow is quite ugly... is there a way to remove it ?
Sirius

Re: Offline Ki Markergame

Postby diafero » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Offline KI dos not sue the KI from MOUL but from UU, where it looked the way you see it now. The pop-up dialogue is coded into the prp, so bringing ti back would require serious hacking of those files. Hiding the arrow should be easier, I added it to my list.

Btw, the reason why the list is empty is that the other game types are completely broken in the POTS engine :( . Already the quest type required strange work-arounds for even more weird errors, for example when linking while playing a mission. You should not notice anything of that though :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:18 am

Thanks a lot ! Too bad we can't add it to the KI... as well as new markergames. It seems Cyan has a problem with this too :lol: .
I thought the GUIs PRP were coming from MOUL, and as it never shows up in offline UU...
I hope you will be able to convert it one day.

It seems the file is KIMiniMarkers, but Drizzle can't convert it (problem with the GUI or the text mod, I guess). I tried to use PageEditor and prcc to have a CC file but there are still bugs (one of them was 007C).
Sirius

Postby ddb174 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:07 pm

I hadn't put support in Drizzle for all the GUI prp files yet, because no-one had requested it. So I've gone ahead and done it now! If you would like the latest (unreleased) version of Drizzle to try out, please email me at ddbernardATsasktelDOTnet, and I'll send it to you to play with!
ddb174

Postby Sirius » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:22 am

Thanks ! I'll try it (if I find the way to tell the KI to use it :) I guess with MOULa python files I'll). I hope it will be possible to add it to the Offline KI.
Sirius

Postby diafero » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:04 am

I just fixed the issue with the marker game type arrow appearing - the update is installed on DI, so you can check it out.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Thanks. Hope it'll be added to next Offline Ki.

I tested the KIMiniMarkers, couldn't get it working :| . I converted the file and modified the Page Number thanks to Dustin, changed the Python file mode from the KIBlackBar, but the error is in the Python file.

Even though I copy/pasted/modified a lot of sentences, I still have the same bug: the window pops up correctly, the editable text dialog works, the buttons are clickable but not working, so I'm stuck with this window. And there is no texture, but that's not the major problem.

I am still trying when I have time, but I guess I'm not the best here for Python. Markergames in MOULa and UU are too different. However, maybe using these Python files could solve the multiplayer bug. A lot of work again...
Sirius

Postby diafero » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Thanks. Hope it'll be added to next Offline Ki.
Sure, when I do an Offline KI release I basically make a snapshot of what's installed on the Shard currently.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development