Misdeal with cheat commands

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Misdeal with cheat commands

Postby tangara » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Yes, I know, still me ! :?
I was playing in my Relto with cheat commands and, among others, with /shrinktree. My very nice and big tree off course disappeared. Not serious I thought, then I typed /growtree... I had the message : "Your Relto tree has already it's maximal size" but it's NOT true : my Relto tree is ridiculously tiny, have a look : (the only picture I have of my Relto before /shrinktree is in a green fog :P but you can see that my tree was almost so big as my mushroom plants !)
Before :
Show Spoiler
After :
Show Spoiler

So what can I do ???? I suppose the best thing I have to do is to wait ???? :( :(
tangara

Re: Misdeal with cheat commands

Postby Agenotfound » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:25 am

Re-link the command does not take effect when you are still in the age..
Agenotfound

Postby tangara » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:44 am

:D Yes, I know that. I linked elsewhere and re-linked to Relto several times before post here.
Anyway, the message is not correct, though ? After /shrinktree, then link elsewhere, then re-link to Relto, then /growtree, it should not be " Your tree has it's maximal size" isn't it ? And if it should, after link and re-link yet, the tree would be taller, no ? :?
tangara

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:06 pm

You are looking at the wrong tree. The growing tree is NOT the one in your second picture. Check your Relto book to see if it is enabled.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby tangara » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:04 pm

D'Lanor wrote:You are looking at the wrong tree. The growing tree is NOT the one in your second picture. Check your Relto book to see if it is enabled.

Thank's D'Lanor for the reply but it does not help me a lot. Maybe the growing tree is not the one in my second picture but then where is the big tree you can see in my first picture ? :(
Show Spoiler

And the first thing I checked was to see if my growing tree was disabled in my Relto book ; it is not.
And therefore, which one is the growing tree ? Because, in my Relto, it was that one which grew most.
tangara

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:50 am

tangara wrote:Thank's D'Lanor for the reply but it does not help me a lot. Maybe the growing tree is not the one in my second picture but then where is the big tree you can see in my first picture ? :(

Here.
Show Spoiler
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby tangara » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:03 am

:lol: Okay, I can see VERY well where it is : I can NOT miss it ! :lol:
I think something is wrong with my page Relto : Actually it seems to stay always enabled...I clicked on to disable it, it is ok, but if I open my book, it is enabled. :? Maybe is it the problem ?

Another thing: I tried to do the same in Bevin then link to Relto (but similar) and then I discovered in Bevin I have got the last page which says : "you can only change the fan-made pages while on your Relto" but when I am in my Relto, this page is no longer there. Is it supposed to be normal ?
tangara

Postby ddb174 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:07 am

tangara wrote:Another thing: I tried to do the same in Bevin then link to Relto (but similar) and then I discovered in Bevin I have got the last page which says : "you can only change the fan-made pages while on your Relto" but when I am in my Relto, this page is no longer there. Is it supposed to be normal ?

Yes, that's normal. The fan-made Relto pages go at the end of the book, but you can only see them while in Relto. But you don't have any installed, so while in Relto, you don't see any.
ddb174

Postby diafero » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:36 am

I remember seeing a similar behaviour when the tree SDL value was, for some reason, broken. You could use "/setpsnlsdl YeeshaPage10 1" to reset it's state. Does that help?

Yes, that's normal. The fan-made Relto pages go at the end of the book, but you can only see them while in Relto. But you don't have any installed, so while in Relto, you don't see any.
Just out of interest, what is the technical reason for this? Obviously, the pages can be collected while not being in Relto, so why can't they be enabled/disabled?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tangara » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:10 pm

ddb174 wrote: Yes, that's normal. The fan-made Relto pages go at the end of the book, but you can only see them while in Relto. But you don't have any installed, so while in Relto, you don't see any.

Sorry, I do not understand at all. :?
Firstly, "while in Relto" has no senses for me and no longer for the translators. I understood than the fan-made Relto pages will go at the end of the book when they will be installed and I was not surprised to see nothing at the end of the book... untill linking to neighborhood and see it. That is what I do not understand : why this page has appeared there ?
Secondly, when I type /uam, I read: "you can only change them while on your own Relto" and not "you can only see them while in Relto"...
Admit that it is not easy to understand all of the subtleties to a language when it is not mastered and that one has to resort to translators not always dependables ! (I spend between half an hour to an hour for each post and I'm really not sure of the outcome !)

diafero wrote:I remember seeing a similar behaviour when the tree SDL value was, for some reason, broken. You could use "/setpsnlsdl YeeshaPage10 1" to reset it's state. Does that help?

I don't know ! :shock: As you can see, the controls worked but I do not see any change. :? Certainly, it is because I do not understand the command /growtree : maybe are the effect not immediate ? I can not remember them the first time I used /growtree.

Show Spoiler
tangara

Next

Return to Plasma Development