Myst V Incompatability and Conversion

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Myst V Incompatability and Conversion

Postby Karkadann » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:33 am

I was under the impression that you can use the fan made ages written in Max and plasma, add them to the MOULa shards before converting them with drizzle, Drizzle which I assumed was just to make them work with Uru CC for testing and eventually adding them to a MOULa shard. In addition some of my earlier ages where made before I started using python as are some other ages in the data base. basically just textures, terrains proxy terrains page info and simples.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:10 am

That's true, Karkadann. The CC conversion however is not only for testing, it's also useful for the CC Shards out there and the converted ages can be played on there as well :) (Some of the ages available on DI where indeed created in Max)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:01 am

In case anyone got the wrong idea, Python and SDL files from MOULa and Uru:CC are compatible. It is just Myst V that is different.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Christopher » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:40 am

Isn't the Glue part missing in the MOULa Pythonscripts?

Christopher
Christopher

Postby Karkadann » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 am

The Walking Maze had a few Pythons if you wanna experiment with it.

Walking Maze Unconverted Files
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Sirius » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:44 am

D'Lanor wrote:In case anyone got the wrong idea, Python and SDL files from MOULa and Uru:CC are compatible. It is just Myst V that is different.
Yeah, what I meant was you couldn't easely get these files on MOULa (I don't know about MOUL-based shards, but I suppose it's the same ?). Myst V's python is the same as PotS (not the PAK though), but indeed sdls are lower-case and have new variable types.

Christopher wrote:Isn't the Glue part missing in the MOULa Pythonscripts?
Good question, the version of the scripts I downloaded didn't have the glue, but I think when you download them with Drizzle and you extract them they have it.
(Although I might be wrong on this.)
Sirius

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Glue is added as a post processing step in all Plasma games. The files you download from the game server have it but the source files do not. The glue is stored in plasma/glue.py
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:23 am

CC does not do the glue adding, so you have to do that manually before using such a MOUL file in CC. But IIRC, this auto-gluing is only done in the GoW fork?

Also, note that the pak files and the sdl file encryption is not compatible, so stuff needs to be decrypted, unpacked, repacked, encrypted. And finally, there are some Python APIs that exist in MOUL but do not exist in CC, which is the reason why for example the Delin/Tsogahl had to be rewritten.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:57 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:The files you download from the game server have it but the source files do not.

plPythonPack adds the glue.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby D'Lanor » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:00 pm

How is the glue added in an internal client when it uses unpacked Python files without glue?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development