Incomprehensible crash

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Incomprehensible crash

Postby tangara » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:10 pm

Yesterday morning, I used Drizzle to install Cidoirep and executed my offline version of Uru to visit it. No problem.

Yesterday evening, after reading Andy's post on Serene remastered, I wanted to go back to his age for have a look. Unable to start the game ! Rather, the game starts, but crashes right after loading the first page.
Show Spoiler

I tried everything I thought (except the good one) ! Does anyone has an idea?
(Crossed fingers : don't tell me PLEASE I have to re-install !) :evil:
tangara

Re: Incomprehensible crash

Postby ddb174 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Hmm... I did notice that Serene changed its sequence prefix with the latest release, but it seems okay on my machine, both offline and online. Could you try again with a new avatar? And if it's still a problem, go to the Misc->RunTests button in Drizzle and send me the results at ddbernardATsasktelDOTnet ?
ddb174

Postby tangara » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:43 pm

The problem does not come from Serene because I never could go back to it. It happened after installing and visiting Cidoirep but I do not know if that is linked !
Indeed, you were true, everything works with my second avatar. :o :o I do not understand what happened with my first avatar ... :shock:
tangara

Postby Sirius » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:50 am

Could it still be a vault corruption because of the sequence prefix ? See this:
Diafero wrote:Please be aware that changing the name later on is a hassle. The filename should *never* be changed unless you also change the sequence prefix (just like the sequence prefix should NEVER be changed unless you also change the filename). [...] however, Uru saves the name in a lot of places, so someone who already linked to the age with its old name might not see the new name, or see it only in some places, with the old name still sticking around.

(found it here: http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4286)
Sirius

Postby tangara » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:05 pm

I saw and read the post you mention but maybe I did not understand it. :? If it were a vault corruption because of the sequence prefix of Cidoirep then I should not be the only one in this case ? :?: But nobody seems to have had the same problem.... :?: On the other hand, Cidoirep is a new Age therefore unlikely to have changed its prefix sequence. :?:
What is certain is that the avatar is completely blocked (and obviously that is the one who had eleven sparklies of the firework !) :evil: :evil:
(Edit : I saved my firework with my save of sav file... :lol: :lol: :lol: but I would be happy to have any explanation. :D )
tangara

Postby J'Kla » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:37 pm

My Sequence Prefix for Cidoirep is registered at http://alcugs.almlys.org/ListOfSequencePrefixes and as stated its working for all the downloaders I know of.

The only way I can think of you having a Sequence Prefix clash is if you were building your own age and happened to use the same Sequence prefix as Cidoirep or some other age I used the old ULM to aquire my Sequence prefixes ages ago. (pardon pun)

It does look like this site http://ulm.wolfshire.co.uk/userages.php is now a broken. Needless to say the alcugs list still works.
J'Kla

Postby BahroFan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:40 pm

I was able to get to Serene, but it ran VERY slow.
I have freed only ONE Bahro.
BahroFan

Postby tangara » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:05 am

J'Kla wrote: The only way I can think of you having a Sequence Prefix clash is if you were building your own age and happened to use the same Sequence prefix as Cidoirep or some other age

It is not the case and it is why I do not think of a Sequence Prefix clash. Nevertheless the facts are there : in the morning, I downloaded Cidoirep with Drizzle, I launched Uru, linked to Nexus, then visited Cidoirep, and closed Uru. The evening when I wanted to launch Uru I had the clash. :shock: But as Dustin suggested it to me, I tried the same thing with my second avatar and it worked fine. That is why I can not understand this problem...and ask for any explanation.
tangara

Postby J'Kla » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:13 am

To be honest I considered it unlikely as well and the only real way I could see it happening was if you were writing your own ages and happened by a number allready in use. I did have something similar happen with me I manualy deleted all the fan ages and reloaded them from drizzle and it worked. I believe that time I did have a Sequence Prefix clash but I never did find out where it was. :?
J'Kla

Postby tangara » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Another computer mystery as I have sometimes... :lol: :lol:
tangara

Next

Return to Plasma Development