Offline KI 3.5 "St Nicholas" brings many new commands

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI 3.5 "St Nicholas" brings many new commands

Postby diafero » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:51 pm

The Offline KI brings the KI and other changes you are used to from UU and MOUL to your CC/TPOTS game. It allows you to reach fan ages and Cyan ages converted by Drizzle (from MOUL, Myst V or any of the other supported games): All of them are integrated into the existing environment. In addition, it lets you create and play marker missions and use flymode to inspect ages. It features a lot of KI commands useful while developing and debugging ages. On Alcugs Shards, it also fixes a lot of multiplayer issues.

The latest version 3.5 of my Offline KI is now available for download: See http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI for installation instructions and further information. I am one day late for a "real" St Nicholas edition, but still close enough :) .
It should appear in UAM soon and it's already installed on the DI-Shard. This release brings tons of new commands, most are especially useful for admins on Shards (but you can also use them offline, of course). Just try them out, check /help for a complete list of old and new commands, and remember “/command help” will tell you what kind of arguments the command expects!
Here are the details of this release:

- /flymode now works on multiple objects at once, including other players ("/flymode all" will take every player in the current age except for you into flymode, "/flymode all me" includes you)
- Added some advanced flymode commands: /warp can warp the controlled object(s) to a specific location, a predefined warp point or another object, /scale scales them on all three or just one axis, /rot rotates them around a given axis
- Object struct commands (inspired by and based on old UserKI and AdminKI code): /reltostars, /struct, /printstruct
- Camera commands (dito about the code origin): /observe, /entercam, /leavecam
- Added some administrative linking commands: /link can now also link other players, /linkto links you to someone else, /linkhere links someone to you
- The music player in Relto now saves the last played song and starts it again when you link back in
- Age descriptions are now specified in the age links file and could be used in other places (besides Relto) - this makes it much easier for me to add descriptions for not permanently displayed ages
- French people can not enter the !, so allow server-side commands to start with /%
- Added Python scripts by D'Lanor to be used by fan-ages: xSimplePanel, xMultiDialogToggle
- Hide the arrow for choosing marker game type
- Some fixes for fan-ages to be able to use the global scripts for pages loaded deferred (thanks to D'Lanor!)
- Cleaned up the way the Shelf works internally

If you are an age writer and want to create a cover for your book or a linking picture for your age, please read the technical documentation for further information. I am happy about every new book layout!

I hope you enjoy it, please let me know if there are any problems (though it is also always nice to hear things are working properly :) ).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 3.5 "St Nicholas" brings many new commands

Postby Egon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:10 pm

diafero wrote:- Added Python scripts by D'Lanor to be used by fan-ages: xSimplePanel, xMultiDialogToggle

Someone say something more about it ;)
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Egon wrote:
diafero wrote:- Added Python scripts by D'Lanor to be used by fan-ages: xSimplePanel, xMultiDialogToggle

Someone say something more about it ;)

Tutorials coming soon! :)
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby tangara » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:29 pm

diafero wrote: /flymode now works on multiple objects at once, including other players ("/flymode all" will take every player in the current age except for you into flymode, "/flymode all me" includes you)

:( Sorry but I do not understand something : as flymode is only working offline, how can it work on multiple players ? :shock:
tangara

Postby Chacal » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:33 am

It works if you're an admin of the shard.
Those adminKi functions were used and abused by some UU shard admins.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby tangara » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:58 am

Chacal wrote:Those adminKi functions were used and abused by some UU shard admins.

:lol: :lol: LOL ! It's quite what I thought. :twisted: No comment ! Thanks Chacal for your always so clear explanations...
tangara

Postby diafero » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 am

It's like it always is with power: It can be abused. However since I can not spend that much time for Uru anymore, I thought it was a shame that all this code that can be used to do great things is just rotting on my disc, so I released it. We've had quite some fun with it during story events and Shard parties :)

Oh, and you can also have several "things" in flymode offline. Try something like "/flymode surface library" in Relto, and then hit your arrow keys 8-)

Regarding UAM: I sent a mail to Dustin just before writing the announcement, and he replied that some changes have to be made to his UamKIPlugin before he can put it online. Unfortunately, this is exactly what I warned about some time ago: Replacing core functions of modules that have the possibility to change (unlike Cyan's own files) will horribly break once that module *does* change. And this is how the /bookshelf stuff works. I forgot about that since I do not use his KI plugin myself.
On the other hand, the way the Shelf works now is much saner, so it should also be easier to achieve the effect of /bookshelf :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tangara » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:55 am

diafero wrote:However since I can not spend that much time for Uru anymore, I thought it was a shame that all this code that can be used to do great things is just rotting on my disc, so I released it. We've had quite some fun with it during story events and Shard parties :)

:lol: I can imagine what great and funny things we could do online with flymode on multiplayers but what interest if it is only for admin ? And how many admin are they in Deep Island Shard except you ? (Give me names ! :evil: )
:( For now, it's true, I can not check for new commands offline. To be continued ... 8-)
tangara

Postby diafero » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:46 am

Old Wolle is the only other admin, and he mostly drew out of Uru. However, there are other Shards, and there are installation instructions to make your own. Sure that requires quite some technical knowledge, but it's not as bad as before where the admin also had to write it's own Admin KI ;-) (not to mention figuring out the dataserver, or following the much more complicated installation instructions, or the tricks necessary to get Alcugs going without Cyan's central authentication server... ah, the good ol' times :D )

For now, it's true, I can not check for new commands offline. To be continued ... 8-)
How that? /reltostars for example works fine offline, and it's definitely worth it - a stunning new way to change your Relto :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby finnagan2000 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:43 am

diafero wrote:Old Wolle is the only other admin, and he mostly drew out of Uru. However, there are other Shards, and there are installation instructions to make your own. Sure that requires quite some technical knowledge, but it's not as bad as before where the admin also had to write it's own Admin KI ;-) (not to mention figuring out the dataserver, or following the much more complicated installation instructions, or the tricks necessary to get Alcugs going without Cyan's central authentication server... ah, the good ol' times :D )

For now, it's true, I can not check for new commands offline. To be continued ... 8-)
How that? /reltostars for example works fine offline, and it's definitely worth it - a stunning new way to change your Relto :)

the /struct command is pretty cool to 8-)
finnagan2000

Next

Return to Plasma Development