Offline KI 3.5 "St Nicholas" brings many new commands

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 3.5 "St Nicholas" brings many new commands

Postby tangara » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:06 pm

diafero wrote: Sure that requires quite some technical knowledge,

:evil: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
diafero wrote:
For now, it's true, I can not check for new commands offline. To be continued ... 8-)
How that?

When I wrote the post yesterday, your KI 3.5 was not yet in Drizzle but now it is so I am going to try your new commands ! 8-)
Later : I tried /reltostars and /struct and it is really great ! 8-) 8-) How can I keep the changes with stars, trees and huts ? ;) Shall I use KI commands to edit the actual settings with "/setpsnlsdl" ? And how ? Which is the good code ?
tangara

Postby diafero » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:29 am

Yes, Dustin put it in UAM, so getting the update is even easier now (the page I linked to in the release explains how you can get it without UAM, should the need arise)!

I tried /reltostars and /struct and it is really great ! 8-) 8-) How can I keep the changes with stars, trees and huts ? ;)
Unfortunately, there is no way to do that yet. These are just objects of which the position is changed via Python, there is no SDL attached to them. I could add some SDL for the stars, but adding an SDL for each possible struct sounds like overkill to me.

Btw, I completely forgot to mention - /reltostars is also available for non-admin players, so you can try it out on your favourite Shard (if it has the latest Offline KI installed).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tangara » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:46 pm

diafero wrote: Unfortunately, there is no way to do that yet.

:cry: That, it's really, really a pity !

diafero wrote:Btw, I completely forgot to mention - /reltostars is also available for non-admin players, so you can try it out on your favourite Shard (if it has the latest Offline KI installed).

:evil: Grrr Diafero, another one of your shortcuts ! What means "Btw" ? Is it "by the way" ? I suspect you do that on purpose to torture me... :lol: My favourite Shard has, off course, the latest Offline KI installed ! ;)
Edit : All right ! All goes well ! I found several links of common abbreviations in English to understand you then you can go on ! 8-)
What you makes me do ! :lol: And when I think you're not even English !! :roll:
tangara

Postby diafero » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:00 pm

:lol: sorry for that, tangara, I just do that out some (good or bad) habit and hardly notice it. Next time I will try to explain the abbreviation ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tangara » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:36 pm

diafero wrote:Next time I will try to explain the abbreviation ;-)

Really ? :D Do you think you will realize that you are using one ? ;) No, no, no, I beg you diafero, do not worry and follow your natural inclination :lol: : I now have several lists who I think cover all common abbreviations, chat and sms. I very well could notice that it was impossible for you to do without them ! :lol: :lol:
tangara

Postby diafero » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:46 am

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Corvus » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:40 am

I cannot link to my shell anymore. I have this in my ULMServerLinkBook.inf file:
Code: Select all
[Book 4]
cover:Pahts
link:Pahts,Ahra Pahts,lpc410,My Shell 424,

In the AvailableFanLinks.inf file I have:
description:Pahts,My Shell 424
This works.

But I don't know what I have to add for the spawnpoint, as I couldn't figure out what the "spawnpointtitle" is. So far I only have
spawnpoint:Pahts,lpc410,
in that file.
With or without this line by using the book I always get linked to the hub area. Could you please help me?
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:20 am

Assuming this is for offline use, you don't need an entry in ULMServerLinkBook.inf. Just type /linksp Pahts lpc410
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:31 am

Oops, I think I forgot to update the technical documentation on how to add books.
It should however not be necessary for you to edit the AvailableFanLinks file. Fan-ages use the "basic linking" that does not require spawn points to be pre-defined. Also, the description is global for an age and just used as decoration in the book, so changing it has not effect on whether the link works or now.

Now, to link to the appropriate spawn point, you can either use the command D'Lanor posted, or add a book in ULMServerLinkBook.inf as follows:
[Book 4]
cover:Pahts

Just to be sure, you should reset AvailableFanLinks to the original version (for example by copying it from a Deep Island client, after logging in once to get the latest file).

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Corvus » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:10 am

Thank you D'Lanor and diafero. Things can be astounding easy provided that you know how they work. :lol:
Now I can start testing to find out which way is faster. :D
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Previous

Return to Plasma Development