Pots and MOUL avatars

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Pots and MOUL avatars

Postby tangara » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:33 am

Christian Walther wrote: I’m curious about your observation of “more plasticy avatars”. I never noticed a difference between the Pots and MOUL avatars, have I just not been paying attention? What is the difference exactly, do you have a screenshot handy that shows it?

I proposed screenshots by mail to Christian but he think they might interest more people, so here:

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k56 ... =slideshow
tangara

Re: Pots and MOUL avatars

Postby Christian Walther » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks, that’s interesting – but frankly, I’m having a hard time seeing much difference here. MOULa female 1 and POTS1 seem to have the most comparable pose, and the only differences I see between them are slight mismatches in the skin and clothing colors (which are almost inevitable given these imprecise color pickers). Is that what you would describe as “more plasticy”? (I know it was Dustin and not you who came up with that term, but given your response I assume you agree with him.)

(For those wondering, this conversation branched off the Drizzle 26! thread here.)
Christian Walther

Postby tangara » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:39 am

What I noticed on my side is more choices of clothing and headgear with Drizzle (not at all compared to the color of the skin or clothing). My screenshots are not exhaustive but there are actually a lot more choice. But perhaps what Dustin meant by "more plasticy" is not what I understood (this happens often! :lol: )
tangara

Postby diafero » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:06 am

Maybe that changed "plasticy" is also related to MOUL supporting wide-screeen resolutions, so it ensures the proportions of the displayed content are the same no matter what the proportions of the Uru window are. TPOTS on the other hand had a fixed aspect ration, I assume it was 4:3. Remember 1280x1024 is NOT 4:3 (it is 5:4), so people with that resolution might see a different, wider, "more plastic" proportion of vertical to horizontal lengths (whereas people with wide-screen resolutions who managed to make Uru use that in full-screen will see smaller, "less plastic" avatars at is also uses the correct proportions then).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development