What about Negilahn Pod?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

What about Negilahn Pod?

Postby Annabelle » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Hello,

I wanted to go thickle the big ugly turkey :lol: in the Negilahn Pod offline (not on a shard) and find the way to my Relto instead :(((.

So why can I access the outside area of the pod while playing on shard and not being able to do the same on my offline install with Drizzle?

Thank you for your answers on this matter :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: What about Negilahn Pod?

Postby Sirius » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:24 am

I don't really know why it wasn't done as we have it for Payiferen, but there is no addition (made by Race, IIRC) that adds colliders for the outside and allows you to walk. It seems it was in project as this prp file is listed in the Offline-KI pages to be loaded automatically even if not listed in .age file.

Anyway, it seems there are still some lighting problems when you get outside. And then you should have to be able to hear sounds, and it is hard as there is no real outside ambient sound. In Payiferen I think it was done by adding a new sound emitter with the sound file of the broken window.

Else, you can still stay in the pod and watch...

Oh, and if you want to see an Urwin from closer, open "Direbo.age" and remove the ",1" at the end of "Page=drboUrwinShape,8,1"... :twisted: :twisted:

EDIT: didn't see when I first posted it, but you can get out of it on DI ???
Sirius

Postby diafero » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:21 pm

The Negilahn walkable ground was done by Race, just like the Payiferen one. However, when he sent me the version that you can find on the Shard, he said it is not yet done and he did not want to see it released to the UAM. Now that was more than a year ago, and Race basically vanished... I emailed him about this some months ago and got no reply. So, unfortunately, I am not really sure what do to with that file now.
You can copy it to the offline installation yourself easily, by copying "Negilahn_District_negiWalkable.prp" into the dat folder.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chacal » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:26 pm

I'll have a look at it.
I noticed on the shard that it has problems.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Annabelle » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:33 pm

To answer you Sirius :
yes in the Shard, well in DI, I can't tell for other than this one, we can walk outside of it

thx for the tips in Direbo and for copying to my offline install, I will try both :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Plasma Development