Custom Reltoshelf covers

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Custom Reltoshelf covers

Postby Egon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Some time ago I was doing clean install of URU on new machine.
I copied it twice for installing Drizzle and Offline KI in one folder, and having DI client in another.

It seams that everything works fine, except I don't have custom book covers in Relto (only default blue-hood covers) in offline version..
Yet in DI shard custom book covers works.
On my old machine (which remembers times of offlineki without "Age information") book covers works fine with latest version of offline KI and Drizzle.
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Re: Custom Reltoshelf covers

Postby D'Lanor » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:34 am

Is that supposed to work offline? Those covers have never worked for me.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Egon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:13 am

D'Lanor wrote:Is that supposed to work offline? Those covers have never worked for me.

Like I sad: on different machine they work offline just fine.
Egon #2052375
Egon

Postby D'Lanor » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:37 am

Don't they load from a file called ULMServerLinkBook.inf?
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:22 am

Actually it should work offline, and does for me. However you need to use the ULMServerLinkBook.inf (which, despite its name, is also loaded offline) supplied with the KI, or specify the covers you want in your own cover file. And of course, the files need to be present in the img folder.
Also, make sure you applied the POTS patches using Drizzle (that's the "Start" button next to the POTS folder selection on the "Conversion" Tab.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:41 am

POTS Patches did the trick. I bet quite a lot of people don't know about those.
D'Lanor

Postby Egon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:18 pm

diafero wrote:Actually it should work offline, and does for me. However you need to use the ULMServerLinkBook.inf (which, despite its name, is also loaded offline) supplied with the KI, or specify the covers you want in your own cover file. And of course, the files need to be present in the img folder.

Well I had images that is why I assumed that it should work. Not sure if I had "ULMServerLinkBook.inf".

diafero wrote:Also, make sure you applied the POTS patches using Drizzle (that's the "Start" button next to the POTS folder selection on the "Conversion" Tab.

I have two reactions, pick one :P
1) Ough. So that what's this button do. It was bugging me what for is it.
2) That is so... obscure. Why isn't this applied by simply installing Offline KI? (and my wild guest: because it's a part of "tpots-addons.py" and not "offlinekie.py").

But seriously, some more visible info should be about it in installing instructions for Drizzle, I think.
Egon #2052375
Egon

Postby diafero » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:07 am

I added it to Offline KI installation instructions a while ago. I also made some suggestions to Dustin to set a flag on the Offline KI item in UAM to automatically trigger a dialogue saying "Do you want to apply the POTS patches to the installation you just installed the Offline KI to?" or similar. Well, as you can see he never implemented that.
All I can do is trying to auto-detect whether the patches are applied. I will look into that (I guess by checking for the cover images extra python mod, or the changed Relto page stuff). But then there might still be people with old versions of the KI that have parts of the patches applied which is not properly detected.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development