Offline KI 3.6

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 3.6

Postby diafero » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:31 pm

When playing on a shard, you should never install addons unless the shard admin explicitly says its ok.
Exactly. For DI, the only "okay" patches are the Myst V, Hex Isle, MQO and Crowthistle age conversions of Drizzle. All the rest I know of is already installed and will be downloaded automatically on log-in, or when you link to the corresponding age.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:52 pm

I just noticed Dustin pushed an update of the AgeInformation package onto UAM. That update was not created by me, and those files are an important part of the Offline KI. So, if you got that update installed, please do not ask me about any problems you have - of course, I can not provide any kind of support for Offline KI installations that were modified by others.
He already changed the server addresses of OfflineKI and AgeInformation so that those files are downloaded from his server instead of mine, without giving a good reason. He didn't give a good reason for this, but as long as the files were actually the same, I did not really care (though of course I wondered why he needed to have everything under absolute personal control). Modifying those files however I can not easily tolerate.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:59 pm

That was an update to hide the reward age Skysong from the Nexus and Relto book shelf. I was not sure anymore who controlled the Age Information section in UAM so I asked you both. Sorry about that. There is no need to worry though. I compared the the UAM files with those from DI and they are in effect the same (the only difference is the position of the new line).
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Ah, I see - I can confirm no other files were modified, after comparing those packages.
Still, Dustin mustn't hijack other people's packages.
I created a proper new version that also contains the updated Relto shelf and emailed it to him.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:10 am

Offline KI 3.6.1 is a minor release fixing a bunch of bugs:
- Fixed /reltostars and /noreltostars commands
- Fixed linking from Nexus to Seret or the Guild Neighborhood
- Fixed "/link Direbo"
- Fixed the link from Kveer to the "POTS Finale City" and back

It is installed on the Shard, and available on UAM. See http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI for more information and detailed installation instructions.

Yes, kind of bad timing, I know, but I can't foresee Cyan's actions ;-)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Plasma Development