Some clarification wanted

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Some clarification wanted

Postby Fuchida » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:30 pm

So might be a very dumb question, but I am new to the whole idea of writing my own age into Uru.
I just order Uru and TPOTS so I could do that. Because i realised after long searching, that this was the only way possible for me to use my own ages.
But there is still one confusion. So to enter the DI Shard I need to download the DIPatch, good thing, but... the offline KI is in it i found that out.
Now to create and test my own Worlds, it always seems to be mentioned the drizzle tool. Which as far as i got, is not being used in the DI Shard Patch??

So do i need to install 2 different installations as explained in Wolles Tutorial? Or can i use drizzle on the di version? Or is there a link to a tutorial that actually mentions the answer to my question?

To my defense i have read almost all tutorials available on this page and tried to figure it out, but not having the game right now (it was just send of the store today) makes it a little harder...
Fuchida

Re: Some clarification wanted

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:05 pm

If you are going to play online and offline I would suggest 4 instalations:
copy 1: as a Backup (anytime you modify a program you should always have a backup)
copy 2: used as your working copy for developing your age.
copy 3: used to play offline with Drizzle
copy 4: used to play an online shard. An additional copy would be needed for each online shard you wished to play...
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Fuchida » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:09 pm

thanks for the quick answer, but ssince I am using Moula to play the game I don't need a back up (from what i have seen, the whole game seams encompassed within Moula)

So to work on my ages i need drizzle right?

I mean, i get PyPRP for my blender then create the age as i want it export into the game, but to actually connect my age to the game i need drizzle since that is what gets the link in my nexus right?
Fuchida

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:18 pm

DI and UAM are online shards as is MOULA. You would not be able to modify the DI and UAM instalations until after you have completed youe initial age. That developmental work would be completed on an offline instalation that has been modifyed with Drizzle...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Fuchida » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Okay.. So when i get my game, i will install it, get drizzle and offline ki on it and start working on my age.
If I want to visit other fan pages or someday put mine online and want to visit, i install an alternate installation with the DI Patch on it.

That correct?

If so then this topic can be closed, :)

Thanks for the quick reply.
Fuchida

Postby Luna » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:08 am

You can also visit fanages offlline either by installing them via drizzle or installing them your by downloading the files and putting them in the right place. You don't need drizzle to make an age, Plasma Shop and the Offline KI are useful/required though.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby diafero » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:01 am

Drizzle is a tool that works *out of Uru* and changes some of its files. I already did all those changes for DI, so you do not need Drizzle at all there. Offline KI one the other hand is a *part of Uru* after its installation, it's working within the game. For that reason, I need to install it on your PC when you log in to DI. DI patcher just sets some URLs so that the game knows where to get all the data from, which is then downloaded from the DI server. The game always synchronizes your client with the server, so you can not make local modifications at your DI installation.

If you want the same standard offline, more manual work is required: Drizzle has to be installed and some patches applied, as well as the Offline KI. This is all described at http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI and http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle.

MOUL is a completely different game, and special tools are needed to carry anything over from MOUL to Uru (often also referred to as POTS or TPOTS: The Path Of The Shell). So, a dedicated backup of Uru is necessary and strongly recommended. I do however not separate my offline Uru development from the "playing" installation: If I break anything, I have got the backup at hand to fix it.

I hope that was helpful :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development