trying to get drizzle to launch

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

trying to get drizzle to launch

Postby sut » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi all first post in Gow I am stuck ! I am trying to play the off line fan made ages, but i can't get drizzle to launch . what I have done so far , went to sourceforge.net and downloaded drizzle, Installed abm with pots to hard drive, Made sure I had Java installed. So this is what happens when i try to open drizzle ! I get a dos screen that flashes on screen for 1 sec and then its gone ! I am running XP pro service pac 3 , downloaded latest version of Java , right clicked on drizzle file and made sure java was set to open it ! I disabled my firewall and anti virus to see if something was stopping it there, but still I cant get it to launch any idea's on what is stopping it !
sut

Re: trying to get drizzle to launch

Postby Luna » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:16 pm

I don't think it is related, but you won't be able to play fanages with just ABM, you need Uru:CC or the POTS expansion pack.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby diafero » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:54 am

He wrote that he has ABM with POTS installed, so he should be fine.
In case you are using Windows Vista or above, please check the installation instructions as those systems need special treatment. That, too, is an unrelated problem however.

I got no clue what would make Drizzle not start if Java is properly installed, so uninstalling and re-installing Java might do it. But that's just a wild guess.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby sut » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Well just tried uninstalling and re loading java that didn't work thanks for the idea though, guess i will have to wait till open source comes along
sut

Return to Plasma Development