Building CWE

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Building CWE

Postby Drake Collins » Mon May 30, 2011 11:24 am

Yes, the keys were out of sync.

I rebuilt the auth and game keys thus:
Code: Select all
make_cyan_dh -f -s auth_key.der -C pnNbAuthKey.hpp -g 41
make_cyan_dh -f -s game_key.der -C pnNbGameKey.hpp -g 73

It worked. One problem down. Now to install a version of PhysX that the plClient likes...
Drake Collins

Postby Drake Collins » Mon May 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Another question. What does "Secure file preloader failed" mean? I get this when connecting to a MOSS shard with plClient.
This is an error shown by the client.
Drake Collins

Postby Aloys » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:41 am

I'm a bit out of the loop on that topic, so forgive me if I ask obvious stuff; but is it currently possible to use the debug client offline?
I was able to build the client this week end, thanks to Adam's clear step-by-step instructions, and I am now the proud owner of a plClient.exe file. Unfortunately I seem a bit clueless as to how to use it. After fiddling a bit with it and giving it the missing debug libraries it requested; (msvcr100d.dll was nowhere to be found on my HD though, so I downloaded it from some slightly random site..) it is requesting a server.ini file and while I have a general idea of what it is; what I really want to do is to try the thing offline, and become more familiar with its console commands. I can't find any information about this here or at OU.
Aloys

Postby GPNMilano » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:24 am

Aloys wrote:I'm a bit out of the loop on that topic, so forgive me if I ask obvious stuff; but is it currently possible to use the debug client offline?
I was able to build the client this week end, thanks to Adam's clear step-by-step instructions, and I am now the proud owner of a plClient.exe file. Unfortunately I seem a bit clueless as to how to use it. After fiddling a bit with it and giving it the missing debug libraries it requested; (msvcr100d.dll was nowhere to be found on my HD though, so I downloaded it from some slightly random site..) it is requesting a server.ini file and while I have a general idea of what it is; what I really want to do is to try the thing offline, and become more familiar with its console commands. I can't find any information about this here or at OU.

I'm not sure you can use the debug client offline. MOUL had it's offline stuff ripped out. So everything is online now. What you may be refering to is forcing the client to only use local data. Which is possible, but the client still needs a server to pull vault information to and from, as there is no offline vault with MOUL.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Aloys » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:45 am

Surely Age testing cannot take place only online. :? Is it possible to launch a server on the same computer as the client, and do some 'local' testing that way?
Aloys

Postby Chacal » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Yes, and yes.
Technically, it's always on-line, because you are using network protocols to talk to services.
The good news is, it is a client-server architecture. Client and server can run on any computer, even both on the same machine. Just use 127.0.0.1 as the IP address. The only limit is the performance of the machine.

For an even more flexible setup, use virtual machines. That way you can easily move them to any physical machines if performance problems arise.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Paradox » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Chacal wrote:For an even more flexible setup, use virtual machines. That way you can easily move them to any physical machines if performance problems arise.

This is a much more likely option, especially since both MOSS and DirtSand require Linux.
Paradox

Postby Aloys » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:20 am

Paradox wrote:
Chacal wrote:For an even more flexible setup, use virtual machines. That way you can easily move them to any physical machines if performance problems arise.
This is a much more likely option, especially since both MOSS and DirtSand require Linux.

Oops.. I had slightly forgotten about that part...
The entry barrier for local testing was just raised quite a bit for me. :/
So basically right now what are our other options to test Ages? Deep island? Nothing?
Aloys

Postby diafero » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Deep Island is still an Alcugs/POTS Shard. It got nothing to do with CWE, DirtSand or MOSS at all.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chacal » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Aloys wrote:So basically right now what are our other options to test Ages? Deep island? Nothing?

No, just make a VM running Linux. You can run this VM on your Windows machine.
It is now pretty easy to set up a basic Linux machine.

Paradox wrote:both MOSS and DirtSand require Linux.

Why? Aren't they multi-platform? I thought the MOUL servers ran on Windows?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development