Building CWE

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Building CWE

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:46 pm

This is just a quick little announcement...

I'm not sure how many of you follow the wiki, but tonight I have revamped the build instructions a good bit. They should be a little easier to follow. Also, I recorded a video tutorial in the hopes that some common questions can be answered and common stumbling blocks can be avoided. If you have any problems with the new instructions, feel free to edit them. Also, if you have a problem with the video tutorial, prod me, and I'll see what I can do.

Oh, and yes I am aware that the images of the wiki in the video tutorial are not accurate. I made the video tutorial, then adjusted the wiki to match. ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: Building CWE

Postby tachzusamm » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:50 am

Thank you very much for the build instructions and especially for the video - it describes very clearly which steps to follow.
tachzusamm

Postby Mystler » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:25 am

I built the client with Python 2.3 and tried to use plPythonPack with the GoW-Moulscripts but I am getting some errors.
E.g.:
Code: Select all
==Packing xCensorFilters.py, ......blast! Error during run-code!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "xCensorFilters.py", line 32, in ?
    xSentenceFilters = [\
NameError: name 'REFilter' is not defined

or:
==Packing glob.py, ......blast! Error during run-code!
  File "system\glob.py", line 53, in ?
    magic_check = re.compile('[*?[]')
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'compile'

==Packing HTMLParser.py, ......blast! Error during run-code!
  File "system\HTMLParser.py", line 11, in ?
    import markupbase
  File "system\markupbase.py", line 5, in ?
    _declname_match = re.compile(r'[a-zA-Z][-_.a-zA-Z0-9]*\s*').match
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'compile'

How can I fix this? Did I do somehing wrong?

~Mystler
Mystler

Postby Branan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:31 am

If you built with python-2.3 you'll need to use the master branch of our moul-scripts. If you build with python-2.7 you'll need to use the python27 branch. You can switch between them with git checkout python27 or git checkout master
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Mystler » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:36 am

I used the master branch and I used Python 2.3... That is the confusing point...
Mystler

Postby Branan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:45 am

it's entirely possible someone accidentally pushed some non-2.3 compatible code into master, then. We try to keep them synched so that master has all the features of python2.7, but all of our development is 2.7-based. I've looked at a couple of commits, and I don't see the immediate breakage. When I'm at my development box I can track down who committed those lines, and try to debug it better.

For now, I really recommend python2.7, if you're going to run your own shard with it. The scripts run just fine now that we've converted them, and it's what all the devs use - the master/2.3 branch is mostly there so we can have something cyan-compatible if they ask us to integrate more fixes, not for general use.

EDIT: Even if you're going to connect to Cyan's shard, use python2.7. If you use an internal client you can use /LocalData to use local python instead of Cyan's downloaded pak.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Mystler » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Okay, there are nearly no errors now. (I think i can ignore the left ones.)
Anyway, when logging into the client I am getting no startup age. This is the server's output:
 Got a Log message from the client:
  File "xKI.py", line 53, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PlasmaTypes

1303935424.098274  WARN auth.5b336914:54195: Got a Log message from the client:
  File "stupStartUp.py", line 35, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PlasmaTypes

Obviously the client cannot find the PlasmaTypes module but it is definitely in the python.pak file cause plPythonPack showed no errors in these lines...
Mystler

Postby johnsojc » Fri May 13, 2011 4:49 pm

Just to see if I could do it, I managed to set up the proper environment to compile (on the first try :o ) what I assume is the main code branch.

Surprisingly, everything compiled with no errors and a couple of hundred warnings. May I assume I can ignore the warnings? Also, now that I have a new client and launcher, I really have no idea how to get it working. Beyond Norton deleting it every time I try to run it (yes, I made an exception to stop that), there are the hinted at missing files like python 2.7 and the code has no idea what server to go to.

Will there be any guides forthcoming on how to configure the client to actually connect to something (either Cyan's or a MOSS shard)?

Thnx!
johnsojc

Postby Drake Collins » Sun May 29, 2011 5:58 pm

I am trying to connect the GoW fork of CWE to a MOSS server. When attempting to log in the server logs an "Unrecognized auth message". What does that mean? Are my auth keys out of sync?
Drake Collins

Postby Branan » Sun May 29, 2011 10:41 pm

Drake Collins wrote:I am trying to connect the GoW fork of CWE to a MOSS server. When attempting to log in the server logs an "Unrecognized auth message". What does that mean? Are my auth keys out of sync?

You may have your keys out of sync, yes. None of us have spent very much time with MOSS, so I couldn't tell you for sure. That does seem like an encryption issue, though.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Next

Return to Plasma Development