Regarding dirtsand

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Regarding dirtsand

Postby johnsojc » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:14 pm

I need to recompile dirtsand I think. The postgreSQL library files changed. Doing that now to see if that is my problem. (just walk away from the computer and let the mind free associate...)
johnsojc

Postby Acorn » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:21 pm

johnsojc wrote: In Teledahn, the prison pressure plate problem where setting the plates properly failed to activate the doors (I saw this in MOULa as well).

For the Teledahn issue, I unloaded all the plates, left the Age, and went back in and was able to reset everything to work.

We had previously commented, in a different thread:
http://forum.guildofwriters.org/posting.php?mode=quote&f=114&p=64120

johnsojc wrote:
Acorn wrote:Not my area of expertise but: might the Ahnonay pressure plate bug relate to a bug I've previously reported in the Teledahn slave caves where (some/one) of the pressure plates revert(s) to act as though there are no rocks or bones (or fish baskets) on them/it?

I can't say that I know anything about Teledahn since I have not gotten to the script to reformat it. I've use flymode in Teledahn a lot to go through the Age quickly and never had a problem with the pressure plates in the prison.

Not sure how you experienced the plates failing to activate the door this time, but the bug I mentioned is the one that causes one or more of the plates to reset AFTER you've got them working properly. It's SO annoying when you are trying to get to the Bahro tablet. It can be overcome but (I think) only after you've solved the rest of the age and can do it in one go without leaving the age. Or you can have someone to help, of course.
Acorn

Postby johnsojc » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Recompiling dirtsand did not help... will go read the other thread you mentioned.

No... my problem is getting to the spyroom. I can't load spyroom Age.

Going to wipe my vault and start over.

EDIT: OK... my game has become so unstable under 9.1 that I'm reverting back to postgreSQL 8.4. Not sure if I simply build it wrong or there is some fundamental problem using 9.1. I will build a clean new VM to test that later but now I'm more interested in the scripts than the server.
johnsojc

Postby johnsojc » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:41 am

Lost my server so I have to rebuild from scratch. The last errors I got was the expected unable to find SDL for spyroom and then one from [SDL] that said invalid SDL. Then I got the previously mentioned error. Once I get my server rebuilt, I will try to figure out what's going on.
johnsojc

Postby johnsojc » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:01 pm

Replaced the disk and rebuilt my server from scratch. Still getting the error trying to link to spyroom. All the other citylinks seem to work. The only anomaly I found was in spyroom.age which has a blank line between each entry (comes that way from MOULa), Removing them made no difference. I've tried everything I could think of but no joy. The initial error was something about an invalid descriptor. Once the page is put in the city book, that error goes away but the Age still fails to load and does a CTD.

Help?
johnsojc

Postby Acorn » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:31 pm

johnsojc wrote: Still getting the error trying to link to spyroom.

I've just checked Gehn and I had no problems getting to the spyroom and on to Phil's Relto: either via the bookshelf OR via the Bahro tablet - once I'd reset the expletive pressure pads in the slave cave YET again :x

Your problem is not an error I've ever experienced.

Sorry, can't help.
Acorn

Postby johnsojc » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Yes, I did the very same thing with an avvie on Gehn that had never completed Teledahn. No problem getting to the spyroom or PhilsRelto. The problem must be with my dirtsand server. I've run both 8.4 and 9.1 versions of postgreSQL and gotten the problem with both.

Interestingly, I noticed the same problems on Gehn that I saw when I was running 9.1. I would experience do-overs on ladder climbs (jump back to the top and have to come down again. The prison pressure plate problem does not happen under 8.4 but on 9.1, the plates are not depressed even though the rocks I put on them were still in place. I had to remove and replace the rocks to get the plates to depress again. These are problem relating to using postgreSQL 9.1. It appears that the Age state is either not being preserved or is corrupted. The error I have on the spyroom link is a crash in SDL/StateInfo.cpp line 861.

I'm wondering if there might be a race condition happening... since my client and server reside on the same box, I have < millisecond ping time between the two. Things may be happening too fast for the server to keep up. (How's that for reckless speculation?)
johnsojc

Postby Acorn » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:11 pm

johnsojc wrote: Things may be happening too fast for the server to keep up. (How's that for reckless speculation?)

Sounds vaguely plausible but I'm not a techy person so don't rely on anything I say! :roll:
Acorn

Postby johnsojc » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:30 pm

This is me gnashing teeth... <odd noises>

I got tired of constantly rebuilding my server every time something went wrong so I started a little project to make an automated script to rebuild dirtsand. I was making fairly good progress getting up to creating the database. Then something flashed by my eye that either didn't exist before or I just never noticed...

In dbinit.sql, I received an error,,,
Code: Select all
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "ON"
LINE 1: CREATE INDEX ON auth."Scores" ("OwnerIdx", "Name");

I'm not sure whether this is where the error is or it happened somewhere before in the code... I don't know enough SQL to find it. Has anyone else seen this?

EDIT: I looked in auth."Scores" and no index was created there.

Ummm, shouldn't there be a name for the index? CREATE INDEX <name> ON <table...> (just asking.. IDK)
johnsojc

Postby Zrax » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:50 pm

Yep, you are correct. I have pushed a fix for the missing index name.

Thanks!
Zrax

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development