Relto imager bug

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Relto imager bug

Postby GPNMilano » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:58 pm

The problem is probably due to the fact that the Logic modifiers are calling the responders as well as calling the pythonfilemod. They really only need to be calling the pythonfilemod. By calling the responder, each time somone enters the region it will cause it to reglow, and each time somoene leaves it will cause it to unglow. None of the hoods have the region sensors calling the responder. Only the pythonfilemod. So get rid of the reference to the responder and it will probably fix the problem.

Also, the proper way it should work, is that when you enter the region, the responder's on function is called. So the light goes on and stays on until the last person in the region leaves.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:56 am

Just that the responder's on function actually animates the full cycle - on and off again.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:20 am

So, when a Logic Modifier calls a Responder, all the states of this responder are played ?
I guess I didn't see there were two different layer anims.

The "glowing while there is someone" make sense. However I don't remember seeing any Imager behaving this way in any version of Uru. Maybe an error from Cyan, or someone decided to change the way it behaves.
Sirius

Previous

Return to Plasma Development