Relto imager bug

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Relto imager bug

Postby Sirius » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:58 am

I think I found the bug for the non-showing KI logo on the Relto Imager.
However I can't test the fix right now... Can someone import the file into Personal_District_psnlDustAdditions.prp ? (don't forget to make a backup in case it doesn't work.)

Imager.zip
Extract the file and import it into Personal_District_psnlDustAdditions.prp
(283 Bytes) Downloaded 235 times

When looking in the addition file, I found out that the Responder was actually calling the LayerAnimation in the addition file. But the KI logo object is in the psnlMYSTII PRP, and therefore uses the LayerAnimation from the original PRP (despite they have the same name). I changed the location of the object in the Responder Modifier, I think that was the bug.
Sirius

Re: Relto imager bug

Postby diafero » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:10 pm

I can't see any glow in-game after importing this.
However, that might also be a Python problem - back when it used to work (I think that was before Drizzle was involved), it would still not always work properly as the Python file assumed there was a responder to glow and one to unglow, but actually it was just one glow-unglow animation that was started and stopped. With the right timing you could make it stay glowing even though you were long out of reach of the imager. I am not sure what I ended up with coding, but since the light didn't work anyway I might have broken it completely in the mean time ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:09 am

I don't really think that's a Python problem. Converting the Relto from MOUL works fine (and all the other imagers in Uru as well).
I saw the LogicModifer called the responder too. I'll try with my install as soon as I'll find how to debug it. Sorry to ask others to test things while I'm not actually sure it works.

Diafero wrote:With the right timing you could make it stay glowing even though you were long out of reach of the imager.

Yes, that was quite funny to have both Imagers in MOULa's Bevin glowing :) . In fact, the second responder state seems to stop the anim at it's current frame.
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:26 am

Ok, I brought back the original Relto files with the addition, the PAK files from the Offline-KI 3.6 and I imported the file.
It works for me !

Maybe Dustin forgot it in the conversion. After all, a lot of the objects for the imager are working between the two PRPs.
Sirius

Postby diafero » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:56 am

Nice :)
Could you upload the prp file somewhere or email it to diafero AT arcor DOT de?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:38 pm

Sure.
I sent you an e-mail. The file might be quite big.
Sirius

Postby diafero » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Indeed, the animation triggers as I enter the region - however it does not stop properly but just continues to run until the glowing is gone again. I guess that needs to be fixed in Python?

Also, there's the issue of how to distribute this file. It is created during Drizzle's MOUL conversion, the proper way would be to fix Drizzle, but I can't see that happen. I can easily put it on the Deep Island dataserver, but if I also put it into the Offline KI download, it will be overwritten when people to the MOUL conversion.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Okay, I fixed the Python and uploaded it to the Shard. Works fine for me :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Glad to hear it !

The animation isn't supposed to stop: there is only one layer anim that glows/unglow the logo. The two Imagers in Bevin in MOUL/Seret should work the same.

I don't really see a good way to distribute it. As you said, it might take quite a long time to have a new version of Drizzle...
I guess the only thing we can do is to have the file lying here.
Sirius

Postby diafero » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Well, in POTS it definitely was supposed to stop. After all, the responder has two states, and when the first explorer enters the region, it runs "buttonOn", and when the last one leaves "buttonOff". The intention is quite clear from this, I'd say ;-) and it's what I implemented.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Plasma Development