OpenUru Foundry Guest Credentials

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

OpenUru Foundry Guest Credentials

Postby nathan2055 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:18 pm

Hey! While poking around the OpenUru site, I found read-only credentials to access the OpenUru Foundry, and (apparently) MOSS and CWE. They are:

Username: guest
Password: guest

I sure hope this means we can have easier access to OpenUru from now on.
Last edited by nathan2055 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Re: OpenURU Foundry Guest Credentials

Postby Luna » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Those credentials already existed, but some recent critique reminded them that they had forgotten to tell people about it who come there via a very normal way (wiki-> repository).
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby nathan2055 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:28 am

Luna wrote:Those credentials already existed, but some recent critique reminded them that they had forgotten to tell people about it who come there via a very normal way (wiki-> repository).

Actually, it appears that the only way to go to it is Development/Foundry Repositories. What I don't understand is why we have a fork if there were guest credentials available, and what is the difference between the CWE I get here, and the CWE I get at OpenUru.org?
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby Branan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:10 am

nathan2055 wrote:
Luna wrote:Those credentials already existed, but some recent critique reminded them that they had forgotten to tell people about it who come there via a very normal way (wiki-> repository).

Actually, it appears that the only way to go to it is Development/Foundry Repositories. What I don't understand is why we have a fork if there were guest credentials available, and what is the difference between the CWE I get here, and the CWE I get at OpenUru.org?

Our CWE repo has at least a half-dozen fixes that have not yet been merged into OpenUru, and so far it looks like getting them merged could be several more weeks away at the rate things are going.

We didn't fork because of the login issue - all of us have accounts to access the OU repos. We forked because we felt the OU team was moving too slowly and simply wasn't ready to handle the open-source release. We wanted to have something setup so that we could get to work right away, and also admittedly to try and prove that we're better able to handle this sort of thing than OU is.

Until OU has a system in place for merging patches that we can work with (we won't be much inclined to work with them if their system causes us more work), we'll continue to run our own fork of the source.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:59 am

Branan wrote:
nathan2055 wrote:

Our CWE repo has at least a half-dozen fixes that have not yet been merged into OpenUru, and so far it looks like getting them merged could be several more weeks away at the rate things are going.

We didn't fork because of the login issue - all of us have accounts to access the OU repos. We forked because we felt the OU team was moving too slowly and simply wasn't ready to handle the open-source release. We wanted to have something setup so that we could get to work right away, and also admittedly to try and prove that we're better able to handle this sort of thing than OU is.

Until OU has a system in place for merging patches that we can work with (we won't be much inclined to work with them if their system causes us more work), we'll continue to run our own fork of the source.

That makes since. Does MOSS work with GoW CWE as well?
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Re: OpenUru Foundry Guest Credentials

Postby Branan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:44 am

Yes. We haven't changed any network messages (yet)
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: OpenUru Foundry Guest Credentials

Postby nathan2055 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Branan wrote:Yes. We haven't changed any network messages (yet)

Phew. OK, sounds great!
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Return to Plasma Development