Memories

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Memories

Postby Nobby deNobbs » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:22 am

Hi everyone

Is there a way to export my pics and memories from MO:UL again without Drizzle? I tried it with Drizzle but I only got error messages:
Drizzle.png
Drizzle.png (126.16 KiB) Viewed 6301 times
Nobby deNobbs

Re: Memories

Postby J'Kla » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Simple take your memories as screen shots rather than KI pictures.

[edit]ignore red [alt] in following line my bad. It still works with the [Alt] it's just not required. DOH!

Assuming you are PC based press[Alt] [PrintScreen] do [Alt][Tab] open a graphics package [Ctrl][v] this will paste your screen shot crop whatever then save as required. [Alt][Tab] return to game.

I use Paint Shop Pro 6 (an old package low memory overhead) I leave it open in the background capture paste and swap back I find I can have about 30 images open and I can go back and edit and use [save as] re-naming later I can also use the batch process to change format to PNG or JPEG or whatever.

If you want to see the results visit Nilodnam there's a whole gallery of images captured just this way and pasted back into an age.
Last edited by J'Kla on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J'Kla

Postby Branan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:02 pm

Probably Drizzle needs to be updated for the latest build ID (902) before it will be able to do anything related to server code.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:07 pm

For pictures, you should also look for a folder named "Uru Live" in "My files" (or something like that). There should also be the chatlogs.
I'm not sure where you'll find it on Windows 7.
I don't know anything about Drizzle however
Sirius

Postby Stucuk » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:35 pm

J'Kla wrote:Assuming you are PC based press [Alt][PrintScreen]

You just need to press Print Screen by its self.
-Stu
Stucuk

Postby J'Kla » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:55 pm

If I do that my printer prints the screen.
J'Kla

Postby D'Lanor » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:12 pm

J'Kla wrote:If I do that my printer prints the screen.

Very unusual for a Windows machine. :? MS-DOS anyone? ;)

PrintScrn = put screenshot of entire screen on the clipboard
Alt+PrintScrn = put screenshot of the current window on the clipboard

So if you play in a window you need to press Alt+PrintScrn and if you play full screen you press PrintScrn.

Edit: typo
Last edited by D'Lanor on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby J'Kla » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Your right I checked on Lindas PC and it works like you said now I need to figure out why mine's unusual! I'll mod the earlier post.

But it follows if your windowed you need the [Alt] to just take the window and if your full screen the [Alt] has no effect so using the [Alt] works for both.
J'Kla

Postby Wyrm » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Is anyone working on Drizzle/Memories for MOULa and related shards?
It seems that this thread ended with no resolution.

No, print-screen is not an desired option until you can share pictures with others,
or upload pictures to MOULa
Wyrm

Postby J'Kla » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:47 am

If you go to Deep Island in the restoration ages there’s an age called Nilodnam this is a gallery that uses the corridor system I built for Enobmort. The system is a long convoluted loop if you climb the ladder at the login point and follow the corridor it passes an image from each of the Fan ages as available a the time I wrote the age.

This eventually reaches a section that includes images from field trips to Cyan ages now all of these were gathered using screen shots then embedded into this age.

At the time of writing it was easy for me to update as Dunstan did the leg work.

Ok this is not MOULa and it’s a fairly long winded way of sharing images gathered from Uru but Deep Island is a shared instance of Uru with fan ages and if you go look you will see that it’s possible to share images taken as screenshots.

if you go the other way you view the field trip pictures first. There's a block in the middle thats repeats of AhraPhat these are just dummy holding images for future pictures.
J'Kla

Next

Return to Plasma Development