Sandbox Shard Howto

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Sandbox Shard Howto

Postby phoenix » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:04 am

I just tried that and get the same result, however I find that their are two files warnings.

Check my boot up screens;

A few files are being omiited because of errors:

Here is the log:
Attachments
error2.zip
error log 2
(8.4 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
02 plPythonFileMod.jpg
Boot up 02
02 plPythonFileMod.jpg (35.62 KiB) Viewed 3367 times
01 plPythonFileMod.jpg
Boot up 01
01 plPythonFileMod.jpg (35.19 KiB) Viewed 3367 times
phoenix

Postby phoenix » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:05 am

Can you drop me a zip of your python27 branch?

Oh yeah... great news... I get

* Login Screen
* License Screen
* And level loading screen
* crash

Still strugglin with dsData.sh to create the mfs manifests. The syntax is undocumented.
phoenix

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:48 am

phoenix wrote:Can you drop me a zip of your python27 branch?

Sure: moul-scripts/python27

I'm not certain anyone's even tested plPythonPack. My guess is that everyone's using PyPack from libHSPlasma, if they use an External build at all.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Use plPythonPack. I'm pretty sure we fixed that bug a long time ago as well >.>

EDIT: Evidently the bugfix is crashing. That's never happened to me before. :\

==Packing PlasmaTypes, ......blast! Compile error!
TypeError: import_hook() takes at most 4 arguments (5 given)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Zrax » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:17 pm

phoenix wrote:Still strugglin with dsData.sh to create the mfs manifests. The syntax is undocumented.

<ClientFilename>,<DownloadFilename>,<FileMD5>,<GZippedMD5>,<FileSize>,<GZippedSize>,<Flags>

With dsData, you just run dsData.sh <filename>, and it will compress it, calculate the hashes, and dump an MFS line out for you. The key point you'll have to note is that the ClientFilename and/or DownloadFilename might need to be adjusted after generating the output, since they must match what the client expects to be any good (The first is the path as it should be inside of your MOULa install -- using backslashes -- and the second is where it's located on your server relative to File.Root as specified in dirtsand.ini)
Zrax

Postby phoenix » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:57 am

Still getting some major errors even with the moulscripts link from Deledrius.

Copied plPythonPack and its two dlls into the folder and ran:

Code: Select all
prompt:> plPythonPack.exe Python

The new python.pak gets written into the Pyhton folder of Python27.

Phoenix scratches his head profusely... MIght it be that plPythonPack is a 32 bit app running on a 64 bit Dell? I have seen the odd 32 bit program bomb out on Win 7 64bit.

Has a error about "functools". No matter where I download python27 from, it bombs out. (git, deledrius copy, zip off git)

Am I missing a dll? I copy msvcr100d.dll and python27_d.dll to the folder with the plPythonPack.exe

BTW: I did get dsData.sh to work, created a batch file to do this in one shot!
Attachments
error3.zip
error3
(6.48 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
phoenix

Postby phoenix » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:11 am

plPythonPack Update: I may have narrowed down on why plPythonPack is not packing correctly.

I copied the .exe to my x86 box and tried to pack python27 there. The interesting thing is that the exe will not run!

The system cannot execute the specified program

Now considering that I compiled CWE on 64 bit Win7 Home Premium, something in the compile is not keeping 32 bit compatibility.

I am going to compile on the x86, although it is way below spec for this so may take half a day, hehe

When I get a x86 based plPythonPack I will retest and post results.
phoenix

Postby Luna » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:58 am

Are you compiling it for 64 bit? CWE is currently still 32 bit only afaik so you have to compile it for 32 bit/x86 you should be able to do this on 64-bit windows.
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby phoenix » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:49 am

Yeah, I am compiing 32bit while working on a 64bit machine. Maybe I missed a setting in VS2008?

Update: Yeah, my hunch was right. Some 64bit systems with win7 misbehave horribly. I rebuilt the entire CWE engine, ran packing and encryption on my trusty eeepc with WinXp Pro. Then I copied the files over to the Sandbox install on the win7 box. It works, and beyond that... Folks... We have a working Sandbox Shard : )

Check out viewtopic.php?f=114&t=5311

I have some final tweaks to do to the wiki at http://www.guildofwriters.com/wiki/Deve ... dbox_Shard, but it is mostly there.

The big lesson is that a 64bit system as great as it is, can be a bit rebellious when it comes to compatiblity with MOUL and its tools.

My advise for those who want to try this... Compile on 32bit XP and copy to Win7. Oh... And don't worry about a graphics card on the xp box. It wont affect the compile.

I got another wiki up my sleeve thats gonna blow your socks off... Watch this space for details!

Later...

Phoenix
phoenix

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Is there a good reason why you are making much more than necessary to set up a basic Shard? There is no need to set up a full-blown dataserver, and you can even leave away most of the authdata stuff as the internal client can load that from disc.
Would you mind if I edited and updated the tutorial to fix/mention problems I had, but also to make it the most simple possible set of instructions that gives you a running Shard you can develop and test on? I am not sure what exactly the goal of your how-to was, but "sandbox Shard" sounds like exactly that.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development