GoW is a sinking ship... fans are leaving...

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: GoW is a sinking ship... fans are leaving...

Postby diafero » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:55 am

Oh, I forgot to mention that I made a final edit: I removed the whole article. That however happened after phoenix requested us to do so several times, and after a short discussion on IRC where I got Hoikas' approval to do so.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby phoenix » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:01 am

Diafero... Nope, you still havent got it.

This is wasting my time. I offer you a way to move on... and as I suspected you want to keep this open. Did you not read my last post correctly? I have made amends where I was out of line, but for you to assume that I was the only one at fault really shows me something about you. Maybe you don't like playing TEAM.

The result of the wiki page was not so that I could get my rocks off at having a page to my name.... (thats not my ethos... I wrote it to be added to, and for it to be a team effort) It was so that we would end up with a few ways to do the shard idea. We had already talked about how you saw a shard and how I saw a shard, and we were going to have two versions of a shard wiki page. One with dataserving and the other without dataserving. Instead after we had that talk, the dirtsand section was ripped out and over-abbreviated and you had already trotted out of the ranch to pursue unencrypted connections. If I wanted an abbreviated version of the dirtsand instructions I woulda used the original README that Zrax wrote. You won't convince me otherwise.

The only person who can now bring this to an end now is Branan. I trust him because he has proven that he deserves the human relations title in how he deals with people. Whatever he decides I will go with. I have made my case, and presented my argument. If by now, diafero, your pride makes you think you did not p*** me off then its your loss and your short sightedness.

I am open to the feedback and guidance of only one person now. Branan, please bring this to a close. I have offered to diafero a way to move on, and I have apologised for where I have been wrong. This post started because I was well and truly mifted at how Tsar handled people and at how diafero changed his mind on what was supposed to be aimed at writers and builders and developers. (No, it was never meant to be a developer only thing - programmers make that one fatal mistake, when they ASSUME that people know what they know, and hence the shortening of the wiki page--- the result.... a wiki page that writers and builders CANNOT follow.)

My last note is this. Human nature rarely speaks up when it is mistreated. This is the way of the world. Some of you guys pretend that you have not lost fans on GoW, and that everything is just fine and dandy. Problem is.... those that you mistreated never spoke up! They simply left silently. Tsar and diafero, do you honestly believe that I am the only person you have rubbed up the wrong way and offended on GoW?

As for me... well, you know me better by now!

Lets wait for Branan to close this so that we can all move on. I am getting tired of sitting at this table.
phoenix

Postby diafero » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:05 am

This is wasting my time. I offer you a way to move on... and as I suspected you want to keep this open.
Quite funny to hear that from the person repeating the same obviously wrong accusation over and over again.

One last time: You told me what you aimed at in this post. Note that the edit you announced there happened after mine. I agreed here. I really can't believe you are unable to properly read and match the dates of this and keep trying to insult me.

@the rest: Sorry for feeding the troll, I promise this was the last time.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Aloys » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:06 am

The GoW is a sinking ship?
Sinking is fine to me. It's important; it's what define the GoW. "I sink therefore I am". :)
Aloys

Postby phoenix » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:26 am

Re: Sandbox Shard Howto

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:15 pm
Is there a good reason why you are making much more than necessary to set up a basic Shard? There is no need to set up a full-blown dataserver, and you can even leave away most of the authdata stuff as the internal client can load that from disc.
Would you mind if I edited and updated the tutorial to fix/mention problems I had, but also to make it the most simple possible set of instructions that gives you a running Shard you can develop and test on? I am not sure what exactly the goal of your how-to was, but "sandbox Shard" sounds like exactly that.

My next reply only came in the next day;

Phoenix:

Re: Sandbox Shard Howto

Postby phoenix » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:11 am
I got no problem with your idea for the tut, but I would add that becuase of the various needs, you may want to create a new wiki for it, so someone needing a full dataserver, can use the existing one, and someone who wants a minimalist shard can follow yours.

I will change the title to: == How to create a SANDBOX SHARD with Dataserving capability ==

Maybe your title could be something like; How to create a minimalist SANDBOX SHARD (up to you)

Let me know...

The vision for my shard is 100% original content, so dataserving is very important in what I intend to do without breaking compatability.

Now when I went to edit the wiki page at 07:10am, 1 August 2011 I only changed the title and I did not spend time reading the wiki.

Problem is, at that point:

* You went ahead and edited it at 21:00, 31 July 2011
* THEN YOU ASKED ME IF YOU CAN EDIT IT on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:15 pm (Whoa tiger... thats a sign of insanity!)
* I did a minor edit to update the title 07:10, 1 August 2011 without knowing you had already removed a whole section.
* My reply to YOUR QUESTION stated that it would be better for you to write your own wiki page, and that was on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:11am
* I did not find out about the changes till Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:18 pm.

To top that off, here is an extract from the wiki page;

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a work in progress and gets highly technical, and as such is not recommended for newbies. Some changes may happen along the way. If you want to add to this wiki, please be nice! We want this to appeal to everyone young and old and have a really cool wiki to show for it. If you have helpful suggestions feel free to add them, but kindly refrain from deleting any sections. A lot of hard work has gone into documenting this procedure for the sake of all the Uru fans out there. At the end of the day all this effort is due to teamwork, since noone can do such a mammoth task alone!

Did you even read the introduction?

...but kindly refrain from deleting any sections.

The rest as they say... is history!

You ever heard the wise saying, "Assumption is the mother of all **** ups". Apparently your logic is also quite flawed. You are not dealing with some kid here, diafero. I make part of my living off legal agreements and knowing the facts. Your version of the story has more holes than a sunken ship! In a hypothetical situation if this had to go to court, everything would be based on precedence.

The precendence is as such;

* You made a drastic change to the content without a firm grip on what the wiki page was about
* THEN you ask me if you can edit it
* Then when I did reply, (saying that it is better to write your own because our needs are NOT THE SAME) you had already made those changes!
* You had even made it clear to Zrax on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:35 pm that;

Well, I will first try to get this all working on my system, than I can write a tutorial

I dislike arguing but I wont stand down for unfairness. What you did was not right and very confusing. How on earth can you do something... THEN ask permission to do it?

Okay fine, lets keep this going... For me its about fairness... for you its about your ego... if you will not apologise this can go on for as long as you like. I just dont know why you would be so self-righteous and unfair when the facts speak plainly against you. I had a valid rant about two folk at GoW (and by now one of them is fully justified).., however you have no leg to stand on. The intention of the wiki page, the times, dates and your statements speak clearly for themselves. I got loads of time for this... next round. DING!

I will let this go when you apologise.
phoenix

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:00 am

I'm sorry that I answer questions with the kind of answers they deserve and am actually trying to do my job as wiki "editor in chief." A few minutes of googling is time well spent.

And now, to the rest of you: DNFTT. This is becoming some sort of horrible rerun sitcom that ought to die in a firey infernal abyss.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Chacal » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:32 am

beathorse.gif
beathorse.gif (113.8 KiB) Viewed 3880 times

Aloys wrote:The GoW is a sinking ship?
Sinking is fine to me. It's important; it's what define the GoW. "I sink therefore I am". :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRf9ooQ7qq8
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Aloys » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:43 am

Chacal wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRf9ooQ7qq8

:lol:
(truth be told, I wouldn't be able to pronounce think & sink differently.. just like night & knight or D'ni and Duck knee.)
Aloys

Postby Calena » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I don't think this qualifies as FTT)
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Stucuk » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:29 pm

LOL thats a good one.
-Stu
Stucuk

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development