Minimalistic Development Shard

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Minimalistic Development Shard

Postby diafero » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:55 pm

A tutorial for a Minimalistic Development Shard is now available in the GoW wiki. It is mainly aimed at age developers that want to test their ages in MOULa, as well as developers of the server and client software itself. It creates a Shard with no dataserver protection so that the client can be modified as will - the server still needs all age and SDL files though, due to the way Uru works.

Currently the result is exactly like MOULa, plus some Python fixes. Specifically, it does not contain a command to actually link to an age you added, but if an age developer says he's at a stage where he needs that I can easily write such a command :)

Please tell me if you got trouble with the tutorial. I am still working on patches to make some steps easier, but the current versions of client and server should work with the current instructions.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Minimalistic Development Shard

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:23 pm

There already is a command. Press ` to open the console, then type Net.LinkWithOwnedBook <ageName>
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby diafero » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:11 am

Oh, there's an in-game console interface? Good to know^^
I Just hope that weird key is processed correctly through wine. I'll test when the build is finished (why does it have to rebuild everything if a comment in some CMake file changed?? It's not doing that when I do a makefile-based build...)

EDIT: Nah, not working. Both ` ´ and ' open the chat line.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Mystler » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:37 am

On the german keyboard it's the "ö"-key. ;)

EDIT: Btw, you can use the command "Console.CreateBriefDocumentation doc.html" to create a command list html in your URU dir.
Mystler

Postby diafero » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:44 am

That's not working either... wine does some translation of keys I think, obviously in a way that Uru does not like. Hrmpf.
Now I'm sure there's some console command that I can include in some ini file to change this key. I'm looking for that now.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Mystler » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:00 am

Hmm, maybe you'll need one of those:

Code: Select all
Keyboard.BindConsoleCmd string key, string command - Bind console command to key
Keyboard.BindAction string key1, string key2, string action - Binds the given two keys to the given action (you can specify 'UNDEFINED' for either key if you wish)
Keyboard.BindKey string key1, string action - Binds the given single key combo to the given action
Keyboard.ClearBindings - Resets the keyboard bindings to empty
Keyboard.ResetBindings - Resets the keyboard bindings to their defaults
Mystler

Postby diafero » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:19 am

Yeah, and the binding name for the console key is "Console" (surprise!). Now I just have to find out where Uru stores the key bindings.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:53 am

Looks like there's STILL a lot of work to do WRT key presses :(. Anyway, "`" is a fairly standard key to open developer consoles in my experience--all of Valve's games work that way as well.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby diafero » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:06 am

I know, and I changed it for all of them because its a horrible key on non-English keyboards ;-)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:35 am

I added a file called "keys.ini" to the "Application Data\Uru Live\Init" folder, with a single line
Code: Select all
Keyboard.BindKey F12 Console

But that does not look like it works. I also could not find the file where Uru stores the key bindings I changed in-game (I added WASD), so I assume they are somehow stored in the server. And the keymap is reset on login. And of course the configuration dialogue does not show the Console key selection.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Plasma Development