Where are the Vertices? + DelURU Development

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Where are the Vertices?

Postby diafero » Fri May 18, 2012 12:57 am

Stucuk wrote:Id love to make a Age Maker(Map editor) at one stage (One which doesn't require any modelling knowledge, where you can raise/lower land to create height-maps for the terrain coupled with the ability to place prefab objects (Like rocks, trees, etc)) but it would take up alot of time.

Sounds a lot like branan's AgeCreator project - which however, as far as I know, is dead for years.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Where are the Vertices?

Postby Stucuk » Fri May 18, 2012 1:33 am

diafero wrote:Sounds a lot like branan's AgeCreator project - which however, as far as I know, is dead for years.

Mine if ever done(Don't hold your breath) would focus more on Geometry. Geometry should be the biggest hurdle in age creation for people who are not good with model editors(Such as myself). At least its why i have never made any.

This video shows how easy you can make terrain editing (Skip to 1:20). Proberly would also need a CSG editor ability similar to Valves Hammer as well.
-Stu
Stucuk

Re: Where are the Vertices? + DelURU Development

Postby Stucuk » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:07 am

Implemented blending. Mostly working (Materials with a Cubemap look horrible). Objects are rendered in a Single Pass with a maximum of 4 Layers(From what i have read 4 is the maximum the fixed pipeline can do). Depth Buffer stuff(ZFlags) however doesn't work(And is disabled), not sure if its linked to the fact im using GL_SAMPLE_ALPHA_TO_COVERAGE_ARB. Note that i have not implemented any Frustrum or any other way of rendering less objects, so everything is rendered(Also there is going to be more API calls than are needed as it never stores the state of things to save calls), hence why the FPS is low (As well as my current pc being old).

Image Image Image
-Stu
Stucuk

Re: Where are the Vertices? + DelURU Development

Postby Deledrius » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Lookin' good. It's coming along quite nicely!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Previous

Return to Plasma Development