CWE testing builds released

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: CWE testing builds released

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:21 pm

@Lehm: I forgot to build with debugging info, so your stack trace is useless to me. I could keep guessing, but that's not likely to help much. I'm rebuilding and I'll hand you a new plClient that I can actually use the backtrace from.

@andylegate: I looked up that error:
{Bad Image} %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Can you try re-downloading and re-unpacking the zip file? I know the executable is valid on my end, so if it broke it broke somewhere between you and me.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby andylegate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Branan wrote:@Lehm: I forgot to build with debugging info, so your stack trace is useless to me. I could keep guessing, but that's not likely to help much. I'm rebuilding and I'll hand you a new plClient that I can actually use the backtrace from.

@andylegate: I looked up that error:
{Bad Image} %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Can you try re-downloading and re-unpacking the zip file? I know the executable is valid on my end, so if it broke it broke somewhere between you and me.

I'll give it a try and see what happens......I'll let you know....then I'm off to try out the latest update for Team Fortress 2, hehehehehe (it's a new Halloween special).

EDIT: Nope, sorry. Same error. Wonder if I should try downloading your other link (the one with the plugin)
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Even better, I've got a new build for you to try, available at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19225475/cwe_902a.zip

Please unpack the complete archive, as there are a couple of files I updated and one I forgot to include in the initial bundle :oops:

@Lehm: this might fix your problem too, because of that missing file included now.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby andylegate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Still no joy I'm afraid.

What about the msvcp, msvcr, msvcrt dlls? And the wrap_oal.dll? The ones I have there are from MOUL, not sure if they mater.

Oh, using Win 7 64 bit, but I'm running from the desktop, compatibility mode, and I know MOUL works with it of course as this is how I use the Internal Client setup for the Mars Colony server.

Could it be a file I'm forgetting? Or possibly one you guys may have forgotten (as it's something that's been there awhile, yadda, yadda, etc, etc, I've had days like that and smacked my head later).
andylegate

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:59 pm

The old MSVC DLLs shouldn't matter, I've copied my plClient to run alongside Cyan's before. Just make sure you over-write Cyan's DLLs.

Since you've been working with other engines, I'd assume your DirectX is up-to-date... but just to be sure: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Beyond that, just make sure you've over-written Cyan's DLLs with my versions of them, and it should be working.

Just for the sake of science, you can try duplicating your data files and copying my files into a new folder, so there's no chance of interference from Cyan's stuff.

EDIT: you could also try grabbing the dependency walker tool, and verifying plClient.exe has all of its dependencies met.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby andylegate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Interesting. I used the depends thingy, and when I opened up the plClient from your download, it says this:

Of course I have no idea what it's telling me (other than it can't find 2 dll files I don't remember having), but it's still pretty cool to see it and pretend to nod my head wisely while muttering: "Hrmmm, ah....uh huh, I see, I see....."
andylegate

Postby andylegate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Wait, just got it to work. I replaced your openAL32.dll file with the one from our MC internal client........hrmmmmm. That was strange.
andylegate

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:17 pm

mine was stolen directly from the OpenAL redist installer. Weird.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby andylegate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:21 pm

ooooopsssssss. Okay, while that did get rid of the error.......it's trying to log on to the actual MOUL:a server. BRAKES! BRAKES! We don't want to go there! Let me check my set up and see what da heck I screwed up, because it's obviously something I did (you know how it goes, little bit of knowledge + powerful computer = one heck of big mess created by yours truly).

:stomps off to get more coffee and growl at Josh that we will carve the pumpkin TOMORROW, not tonight....TF2 is waiting later on......sheesh......:
andylegate

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:28 pm

if you want to run on Cyan's server, you can just unpack the latest H-uru moul-scripts into the folder so you have Python/ and SDL/, and run "plClient.exe /localdata" either with a shortcut or from the command line.

If you'd rather hook up to a different server, you can do so by editing server.ini. It's WDYS encrypted. Note that whatever server you connect to needs to distribute a python.pak based on the latest H-uru moul-scripts and compiled for python2.7, otherwise you'll need to go with the /localdata trick to make the client actually load.

I'll be distributing such a python.pak in the next bundle (along with plugins for Max 2010 and 2012)
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development