CWE testing builds released

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: CWE testing builds released

Postby Lehm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Branan wrote:It looks like the Autodesk student program does have 2010 available, so I'll add it to my build, along with 2012.

My build VM is misbehaving currently, but once I get it fixed I'll try to get some new plugins out.

It would be awesome if you're able to compile it.
Lehm

Postby I.Brattin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:48 am

I.Brattin wrote:I am getting something weird. Max 2011 is not finding PlasmaMax2.ini.

Max says this "PlasmaMAX2.ini is missing or invalid"

I have it in the plugcfg directory where it's supposed to be, but it won't find it.

Well I fixed it in a roundabout way. I loaded a scene file attached page info to it. And when into component utilities and selected page info. It asked me for the location of my export directory. Once I told it where to go it stopped complaining about finding it.

Now I have a new question where is the Export for it. All I see is a thing for Plasma 2.0, but that is giving an extension of prd not prp or age or anything else. When I try and export with that all it does is complain about stuff being named the same. Something that Max 7 didn't complain about. So I'm not sure that is what I need to export.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby GPNMilano » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:11 pm

I.Brattin wrote:Now I have a new question where is the Export for it. All I see is a thing for Plasma 2.0, but that is giving an extension of prd not prp or age or anything else. When I try and export with that all it does is complain about stuff being named the same. Something that Max 7 didn't complain about. So I'm not sure that is what I need to export.

The shortcut key for the export menu is just "x". This will pop up the dialog box that will allow you to export just a single prp or a full age export. Or export an entire directory of max files.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby I.Brattin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:42 pm

GPNMilano wrote:
I.Brattin wrote:Now I have a new question where is the Export for it. All I see is a thing for Plasma 2.0, but that is giving an extension of prd not prp or age or anything else. When I try and export with that all it does is complain about stuff being named the same. Something that Max 7 didn't complain about. So I'm not sure that is what I need to export.

The shortcut key for the export menu is just "x". This will pop up the dialog box that will allow you to export just a single prp or a full age export. Or export an entire directory of max files.

Just "X"? Cause "X" is doing nothing for me.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby Lehm » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:43 am

Just tied to use plclient, getting a crash. I get through the login screen, accept the EULA it changes graphics modes then I get an error message.

UruLive.1.902 - Internal.Release
Exception type: Access violation
Call stack (14 levels):
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x7737D1FF
0x7737CFED
0x76D7E4A5
0x0148C8A6
0x011428E6
0x01135CAE
0x011326DE
0x012E5BBA
0x012E5118
0x013748EA
0x012CF84E
Lehm

Postby GPNMilano » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:10 am

I.Brattin wrote:
GPNMilano wrote:

Hmm, it is just "x". When you installed the plugin, did you copy over the PlasmaMax2.ini from your 3ds Max 7 install or did you create a new one for the current install?
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Christopher » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:24 am

It's not X by default. You have to bind a key for "Plasmaexport" in your 3ds max settings. I also recommend to bind a key for the "Component Manager".
Christopher

Postby andylegate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:15 am

I.Brattin wrote:
GPNMilano wrote:

If the plugin is working and installed correctly, in Max, click on File > Plasma Export, and a window will pop up for exporting your scene to prp files used by MOUL.

To create the "short cut keys", you will need to bind them as this is NOT defaulted. Open up Max, and in the menu bar, click on Customize > Customize Tool Bar, you should get a pop up window. In that window, make sure you are on the "Keyboard" tab. Next, changed the "Group" to "Plasma", you should see this:

Select "Component Manager" and in the Hotkey box, type the key you want to use (I use the "c" key). Do the same thing for Plasma Export (as you can see, I use the "x" key too).

Again, this is not defaulted, and you have to set it up. This is using Cyan's plugin with Max 7.0 (and it works for 8.0 too). I have not tried the CWE plugins as I do not have new versions of Max, but if they are working correctly, and installed correctly, they you should see the Plasma menu items, and should be able to bind the keys too.

I have also failed to get the CWE build to work correctly, even with the suggested scripting files from the previous posts. after trying to execuit the plclient (with the localdata switch), I get this error:

"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Lehm wrote:Just tied to use plclient, getting a crash. I get through the login screen, accept the EULA it changes graphics modes then I get an error message.

You need to download the python scripts and SDL files from the moul-scripts repository, and run with the /localdata switch.

@andylegate: did you make sure to copy all of the DLLs from my version, rather than using Cyan's? I have a newer PhysX and a possibly a newer OpenAL.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Lehm » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Branan wrote:
Lehm wrote:Just tied to use plclient, getting a crash. I get through the login screen, accept the EULA it changes graphics modes then I get an error message.

You need to download the python scripts and SDL files from the moul-scripts repository, and run with the /localdata switch.

No dice, still crashes.
Lehm

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development