CWE testing builds released

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: CWE testing builds released

Postby andylegate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Okay, it REALLY does not like your openAL32.dll file. If I use it, I get that error.

If I use either MC's or MOUL:a's , it tries to log on to their server, and that won't work (MC's is shut down, and of course I'm not authorized to use MOUL:a's internal client.....doesn't like my dynamic IP addy anyways....).

I'm really interested in finding out why it has such a heart ache with your OpenAL, makes no sense to me.

edit: Oh, and I am using the H'Uru script files.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby I.Brattin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:04 pm

K after a minor hiccup I have had to bind a key to plasma export. For some reason when I click File, Plasma Export does not show up in 2011. But after binding a key to Plasma Export I get it to show up. Now to start rebuilding my lost ages.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:06 pm

I.Brattin wrote:K after a minor hiccup I have had to bind a key to plasma export. For some reason when I click File, Plasma Export does not show up in 2011. But after binding a key to Plasma Export I get it to show up. Now to start rebuilding my lost ages.

I think this has been in our issue tracker since we first fixed the plugin to work in more modern max versions. I'm not sure there's an easy way to get around this - the default Max 2011 view doesn't even have a "file" menu... Export can probably be added to the Plasma menu, though.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:38 pm

uh... hmm...

I may have bundled a 64-bit OpenAL32.dll by mistake. That would certainly cause the issues you've described, Andy.

my bad.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Branan wrote:
I.Brattin wrote:K after a minor hiccup I have had to bind a key to plasma export. For some reason when I click File, Plasma Export does not show up in 2011. But after binding a key to Plasma Export I get it to show up. Now to start rebuilding my lost ages.

I think this has been in our issue tracker since we first fixed the plugin to work in more modern max versions. I'm not sure there's an easy way to get around this - the default Max 2011 view doesn't even have a "file" menu... Export can probably be added to the Plasma menu, though.

I've tried to fix this bug no less than three times. I've been able to enumerate the file menu and have stepped through the execution--everything looks good, but for some reason the Plasma Export button never gets added. This one needs a new set of eyes that aren't mine ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Lehm » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:19 pm

I'll try out the new build shortly.

Just a thought, perhaps it would be best to split the discussion of the plugin and engine/game into separate topics so its less confusing.
Lehm

Postby Lehm » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Okay just gave 902a a spin. With the localdata argument got a bit further than before. Got to the Avatar selection, hit explore uru. The loading screen came up and I think it says something like "loading personal age". It then crashes

plClient.exe has stopped working.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: plClient.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4eab0e57
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.30319.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba1dbbe
Exception Offset: 0008ae6e
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 87db
Additional Information 2: 61adb4970a6e3b7a189ee754d96c4553
Additional Information 3: 1685
Additional Information 4: 958501b297ac31396e9cacfe30efd6aa
Lehm

Postby Luna » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:21 am

Try installing the Visual studio redistributable package you can find here
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby Branan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:39 am

Luna wrote:Try installing the Visual studio redistributable package you can find here

he's getting well past where that should be an issue. It may actually be a bug that got introduced somewhere in the past few revisions. I'll try to track it down...
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Luna » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:13 am

Branan wrote:
Luna wrote:Try installing the Visual studio redistributable package you can find here

he's getting well past where that should be an issue. It may actually be a bug that got introduced somewhere in the past few revisions. I'll try to track it down...

Ah, okay.

Anyway, I tried the original one for download and it works for me. So if you copy the PlClient files from the download in the first post to the folder you're using it should work :)
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development