Ignore = inaudible ... and invisible?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Ignore = inaudible ... and invisible?

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:08 pm

angelmyst wrote:things that would be criminal in rl.

A crime is a crime. This is real life.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Lyrositor » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:14 pm

I don't know if work has been done on this front; I know there was a ban for private Ages added, IIRC.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby Gahlen » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:53 am

I'd be keen to see this picked up again too. My understanding is that a version of the code is formally complete and now requires a testing environment to see how it performs in practice. Would introducing it into an upcoming version of the Gehn client be a good idea? An alternative might be to shoot it across to OU's Minkata: Mac expressed interest in trying it out there a while ago. I guess one concern I'd have about sending it straight to OU would be that there are still a couple of decisions to make about how it should work, specifically with respect to the mutuality issue (mutuality as default? optionally one-way?) and to its relation to the current ignore function (replacement? optional addition? Chogon has expressed a preference for the latter, which presumably makes it a prerequisite if it's to get onto Cyan's shard at some point, but of course that doesn't mean it would have to work that way on Gehn), that perhaps would be better worked out here before it enters the process of getting into MOULa.
Gahlen

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:13 am

I should really bring this feature forward in history and rewrite some of the more questionable code bits in C++. Now that we can run multiple internal clients on the same system, testing ought not to be the huge headache that it was before.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Previous

Return to Plasma Development