Source code available in git repository

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Source code available in git repository

Postby diafero » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:40 am

The Offline KI source code is now available in a git repository at gitorious: https://gitorious.org/offline-ki . Some of you might find it interesting to look at individual commits to learn from them, and this also means I have yet another backup of this code ;-) . Merge requests are enabled, so if you coded something for the Offline KI, feel free to request inclusion in the main branch!

The source code also contains two Python tools that others might find useful (they currently work on Linux only, though): "createpak" is a script that compiles a bunch of Python files and puts them into an Uru pak file on the command-line, which IMHO is much more useful than UruPython (and it dos not require wine :D ). You need an installation of Python 2.2, but that can still be easily downloaded, and you need the PrpPack binary from libHSPlasma.
"linkfix" unpacks and decompiles a pak file (using Drizzle) and checks for direct usage of the Uru linking API. If such a usage is detected, the script tries to change the code to use the xLinkMgr from the Offline KI instead, and then uses "createpak" to re-pack the sources. If correction is not possible, it errors out. It can be called with multiple pak files at the same time and then also makes sure that no py file is contained in more than one pak. I use that script for every pak file on the Shard to make sure ages do not trigger any unsafe linking operations.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development