Menorah appearance

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Menorah appearance

Postby Toki » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:20 am

If there is the post of the same contents, I'm sorry.
All of you may know. :roll:
Please input this command in front of a desk of Tokotah Rooftop. ;)
/set menorah 1
Toki

Re: Menorah appearance

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:47 am

Hanukkah starts on December 20 this year.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:45 am

D'Lanor wrote:Hanukkah starts on December 20 this year.
What does that mean? Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the Jewish holidays and symbols.

Toki wrote:If there is the post of the same contents, I'm sorry.
All of you may know. :roll:
Please input this command in front of a desk of Tokotah Rooftop. ;)
/set menorah 1
I can easily do that on Deep Island for everyone to see the Menorah. I could even automate this if someone told me sensible dates for turning it on and off again ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:05 pm

diafero wrote:I can easily do that on Deep Island for everyone to see the Menorah. I could even automate this if someone told me sensible dates for turning it on and off again ;-)

The dates are different each year. I don't know how they are calculated but you can Google them. So even if you automate this you need to store hard coded dates several years ahead.
I had a working automation for this which should be good until 2020 but it was kind of ugly. I had to work around too many exceptions like the event beginning in November or even extending into January the next year. I have already started rewriting the code to make better use of the epoch format so watch your pm. ;)
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Okay, will do ;-)

Should the Menorah be enabled during that holiday only (so that I should wait for two more weeks), or already in advance?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:29 pm

diafero wrote:Should the Menorah be enabled during that holiday only (so that I should wait for two more weeks), or already in advance?

IMO hiding the menorah itself should not be automated. That way you can still choose to show it without candles during the rest of the year.
D'Lanor

Postby Karkadann » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:46 pm

It actually does happen the same time each year and last for eight days, but its on a lunar calendar the one most people use is the solar calendar. :D
So according to the lunar calender Christmas happens at a different time each year :lol:
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 am

I finally installed D'Lanor's code on the Shard. So. hopefully, everything should work automatically on December 20th.
Now I just have to code something similar for the christmas tree in Sharper's office^^

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:37 am

diafero wrote:Now I just have to code something similar for the christmas tree in Sharper's office^^

I thought you already had that. :shock: That is in fact much easier. I can save you some time. See my PM.

Keep in mind that Offline the UAM KI plugin already handles the seasonal stuff in Sharper's office (and the Neighborhood). So there might be conflicts if this goes into the Offline KI as well.
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Actually the automatic Offline KI changes are only applied online (Delin winter, Menorah, and soon the tree), so that people can control anything to their liking offline. This should not be a problem.

(There might be some conflicts between the Relto page support that's now in Offline KI, and the one in the UAM KI plugin, when I release the next version for people to install offline... maybe I should disable the internal one if UAM KI plugin is detected. OTOH, Relto pages are the only feature of the UAM plugin ever used, as far as I know, so there's not really any reason to install it, now that it's unmaintained. DI does not have it installed.)

Thanks for the christmas code, I'm having a look at it.
EDIT: Done :) It's online.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development