Please don't post code feature requests here - use one of the existing threads or the bug tracker. If you have suggestions for other ways the community can get involved, you're welcome to use this thread. If they seem reasonable, I'll add them to the master list.
In the same vein: It's better to discuss code issues on the tracker. Discussion of other community tasks is welcome here.
Some of the code issues will have existing H-uru devs assigned to them. That usually just means "This is the person that knows that bit of code well enough to do it". They probably haven't actually started on it yet, but they're a good person to ask for info on how to get started if that issue interests you. This list of issues is also not exhaustive - these are the sort of "junior jobs". There are some major rewrites to do, if you're interested in a challenge.
- Remove a spurious assert in plDXPipeline
- Use LZMA instead of ZLIB for network compression
- Move the python glue to C
- Get more plasma apps building in CMake
- "Unit test" ages that test specific features. Sound, physics, and graphics are all on the table for major rewrites, so having simple ages that we can use to confirm behavior of individual features would be awesome.
- If you have technical writing experience, the README and wiki articles related to CWE could probably stand to be given a good rewrite.
- Recruiting is always awesome. If you know a developer who might be interested in working on CWE, you should totally point them in our direction (or at least the direction of this thread)
- You might have noticed we don't have a donation button anywhere on the GoW or H-uru pages. That does not mean we don't appreciate money, just that we keep avoiding the issue of how to handle a pool of money and split up donations. If you feel you really want to give monetary support, it would be welcomed. The best thing to do is to contact Hoikas about helping to foot some of the GoW's bills - they aren't all that high, but he is a college student. Every little bit helps. Alternatively, if there's a H-uru dev that's implemented a feature you think is totally rad, you can try to get in touch with them directly. If you want to create a "bounty" for a specific bugfix or feature, you should contact a guild councilor or one of the H-uru leads and we'll figure out the best way to handle it.